Shelley S
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this was ever a working feature, but I figured I'd submit it anyway. If it's never worked this way, perhaps it could be a feature enhancement to the site.

A GeekBuddy of mine added me as a player in one of his game play logs. Intuitively, I assumed that play would also show up in my profile, but it didn't. I had to add the play manually in my own game play log. Is this something that's been broken by updates or has it never automatically updated your profile when another user "tags" you in a game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shellbear wrote:
I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this was ever a working feature, but I figured I'd submit it anyway. If it's never worked this way, perhaps it could be a feature enhancement to the site.

A GeekBuddy of mine added me as a player in one of his game play logs. Intuitively, I assumed that play would also show up in my profile, but it didn't. I had to add the play manually in my own game play log. Is this something that's been broken by updates or has it never automatically updated your profile when another user "tags" you in a game play?

It's been discussed. Consensus is that we don't want people to be able to 'tag' us against our knowledge and/or will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
It's been discussed. Consensus is that we don't want people to be able to 'tag' us against our knowledge and/or will.

Great, but some of us don't want to enter the same game multiple times. A simple checkbox in a GeekBuddy list would suffice, "allow this user to enter games with me as a participant". Or heck, for those of us that don't care have the universal setting, "allow users to enter games with me as a participant".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bug, because it was never supposed to worked like that in the first place. I'd love to see that feature added to play logging (along with myriad other related features that would make the info useful and accessible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan palmer
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
I cut the brakes! Wildcard, bitches! Woooo!
i'd like to see this too. i dont know who to send a message to, but maybe adding an option that a friend can tag you and a play doesn't need to be entered twice. the default option could stay at "no" to keep status quo... but i'd like to have it as an option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.