Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm solo'ing my first game and have some questions about stacks. Say a stack of 2 armor units and a Recon unit start adjacent to an enemy. My assumption is that one armor unit can activate and attack, supported by the Recon, then if the enemy is still there, the second armor unit can attack.

That is, the advantage of the stack is that you have several units in attack range but since activation is by unit, they attack one at a time.

Is this correct? I'm also assuming this holds for overrun attacks .. you don't march a stack up to an enemy and overrun with them all. You roll up to the enemy one unit at a time and attempt successive overruns.

I hope I have this mechanic correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really interesting ... very nuanced. You really have to sequence your over runs and assaults properly, combine arms etc. Cool. I have my first face to face this weekend against my regular WaW opponent, let's see how it goes.

One more question: Why the little ""+1" on the NATO armor instead of just making their Combat Strength one point higher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrooklynMike wrote:
That is really interesting ... very nuanced. You really have to sequence your over runs and assaults properly, combine arms etc. Cool. I have my first face to face this weekend against my regular WaW opponent, let's see how it goes.

One more question: Why the little ""+1" on the NATO armor instead of just making their Combat Strength one point higher?

My take is that they die when they reach zero (without the modifier). That is, at their weakest state, they have an attack of 2. if they take another hit, they're dead rather than going to 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.