R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
invited Ben and I. He is a school counselor and has a game design group with the kids. It’s great to hear them passionate about games. Very cool stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just got to speak with a junior high board game design group...
riddlen wrote:
It was very cool. This awesome guy
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
invited me. He is a school counselor and has a game design group with the kids. It’s great to hear them passionate about game. Very cool stuff.
Neat? Kinda brief, tell us more than the tweetable version?

What kinds of questions did they have for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just got to speak with a junior high board game design group...
Ryan started a game design group for 6-7-8th graders at his school. After meeting a few months back at a local gaming group (he invited Ben and I to the group - ROBA - after seeing Fleet on here and noticing out proximity)he asked if we could come out and talk to his group. Ben ended up with a last minute family commitment so I took a pre-production copy of Fleet and prototype #2 out to meet the kids. They each told me about the games they were working on, then I told them about our design process. The main questions were about game ideas and how a game is made. They were very interested in just playing with Fleet and game #2 and talking about games in general. Great group of kids and some cool ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.