Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just purchased this game today so that my daughter and I could try it out. She is a huge fan of elves and I was a bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any elves. Are there any expansions with elves?

Does anyone have home brew rules for elves? I was thinking that if there aren't any existing expansions with elves, I could use some Risk: Lord of the Rings figures and add elves to the game.

Any thoughts on this?meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, sadly there is no elves expansion.

A rule once I developed on elves is as follows:
1. When an elf infantry unit is attacked in melee by heavier units (when a green elf unit is attacked by blue/red unit or when a blue elf unit is attacked by red unit) they always attack first.
2. Forest does not restrict elf infantry movement & combat.
3. Elf archer units are all using long bows.
4. Elf infantry units can only take three hits.

Available units:
1. Green Infantry
2. Blue Infantry
3. Green Cavalry
4. Blue Cavalry

Tried four battles with standard Call-to-Arms cards (counting all humans as elves). It's not very balanced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
Hi, I just purchased this game today so that my daughter and I could try it out. She is a huge fan of elves and I was a bit disappointed that there don't seem to be any elves. Are there any expansions with elves?

Does anyone have home brew rules for elves? I was thinking that if there aren't any existing expansions with elves, I could use some Risk: Lord of the Rings figures and add elves to the game.

Any thoughts on this?:meeple:

No, but there sure ought to be... Battlelore is ripe with potential for elves, orcs, and numerous other races. I would love to start playtesting some additional races, as it doesn't appear that FFG is supporting this gem any longer. As long as this game has been out, there has got to be some good ideas out there.

I recently bought a great deck of custom cards from Artscow for another game I play, Defenders of the Realm. These were high quality cards and reasonably priced. So, new creature cards, weapon cards, Cta cards, etc. are all a possibility.

I have only been playing since February and have been surprised by how good the game really is. Love so many things about this game, the battleback mechanic, the lore deck mechanic, the mixture of different races, units and creatures, the fantasy theme, and the random cta setup just to name a few. Best of all is it's easy to learn and pretty darn easy to teach. Have fun with Battlelore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:
No, sadly there is no elves expansion.

A rule once I developed on elves is as follows:
1. When an elf infantry unit is attacked in melee by heavier units (when a green elf unit is attacked by blue/red unit or when a blue elf unit is attacked by red unit) they always attack first.
2. Forest does not restrict elf infantry movement & combat.
3. Elf archer units are all using long bows.
4. Elf infantry units can only take three hits.

Available units:
1. Green Infantry
2. Blue Infantry
3. Green Cavalry
4. Blue Cavalry

Tried four battles with standard Call-to-Arms cards (counting all humans as elves). It's not very balanced :D

I like these ideas. Thanks for sharing. The attack first idea could be a bit overpowering I think, altough I haven't tried it.

Some additional ideas that come to mind:

1.Elf units attack out of forest hexes at +1 die.
2.Elf archers hit on color and shields (like longbow units) and reroll one shield for a possible additional hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lewis
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:

Any thoughts on this?meeple

Hi there

A long time ago I had a lot more spare time than I do now and I made a bucket load of home brews stuff (races, monsters, campaign rules, even something to do with some of the little tokens that don't really have a role). If I recall correctly there were rules for a couple of types of elves (drow and classic wood elves). Before I made each race I made sure there were 15mm models to use and probably still out there.

You can find them all here http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56702/races-creatures-sieg...

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Ledoux
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I already own 3 copies of the basic game plus many expansions...I will eventually buy a 4th one to use them as Elves....

FFG or Days of Wonder should have released packs for races...BAGS of figurines..for us to create games...but it would not have been really profitable for them hey ! Money pffff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
elberon wrote:
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:

Any thoughts on this?:meeple:

Hi there

A long time ago I had a lot more spare time than I do now and I made a bucket load of home brews stuff (races, monsters, campaign rules, even something to do with some of the little tokens that don't really have a role). If I recall correctly there were rules for a couple of types of elves (drow and classic wood elves). Before I made each race I made sure there were 15mm models to use and probably still out there.

You can find them all here http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56702/races-creatures-sieg...

Chris

Wow. Good stuff here Chris. I knew somebody had to have come up with something. I will look this over thoroughly. Anybody have a source for mini's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find them... these, are 1/72 - so slightly bigger but cheaper than metal.

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Scale_Figures/browse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
MWAlbion wrote:
If you can find them... these, are 1/72 - so slightly bigger but cheaper than metal.

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Scale_Figures/browse...

Those are awesome Mike. Love those skeletons. Others look great too and they're reasonably priced priced too. Doesn't get much better than that. Don't forget we'll have some samurai once SamuraiBattles is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google splintered light miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Fortner
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Caesar Miniatures for my Elven units. Here's a figure I painted as an Elven Ranger - a blue banner unit armed with Longbows.

Here are some speical rules I use for Elves (some collected from others over the years):

> Elves are not forced to stop when entering woods.
> When in woods, Elves are not limited to 2 attack dice.
> When in woods, Elves receive one point of support automatically, such that only one adjacent friendly unit is needed to make the Elves bold.
> Elves may not be supported by Dwarves and vice versa - too much bad history....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are FANTASTIC rules.

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Elves & Dwarves not supporting each other! Brings back fond memories of Dragon Lance novels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.