Subject: JUST Print and BEGIN to Play Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tino casals
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I created a GeekList to get recommendations but I was told it was not the best way, so here I am. This is the GeekList

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/142817/real-print-and-play

The idea is to find P&P games wich one can really play after printing, in the sense, that not too much manufacture is needed.

The ideal game would be this [but anything near that or with some of this features is ok]:

- Preferably to play solo.

- A game printable in standard size papers and w/o colour information [or just greys, to print in in b/w printer].

- Not too much scissor&glue work.

- Not strange or too much components [for me the best would be just some dices and/or generic chips].

- Playable while reading the instructions [kind of auto-explained].

In other words, I am at work now and want to print something that allows me to play a bit this evening.

IDEAS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiner Knizia's Decathlon comes to mind. It's not particularly exciting solitaire, which like a lot of such games consists of beating your top score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Howzabout Utopia Engine, which is a solo game, just a couple of pages to print, and some dice to throw. No need to go near scissors or glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Howzabout Utopia Engine, which is a solo game, just a couple of pages to print, and some dice to throw. No need to go near scissors or glue.

I discover a new game every day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
alfredhw wrote:
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:

I discover a new game every day...
You are not trying hard enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino casals
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking around I found that:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/767774/collection-of-similar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of them out there.

First off there are a lot of Cheapass games that can be put together very easily and played.

Devil Bunny Needs a Ham is one that doesn't require a deck just some dice and counters.

Infection Express doesn't have a whole lot of things needed other than dice and counters. Print out the map and rules and viola.

Patrol Lost is also a pretty easy to construct game that can be played rather easily with a variety of themes. Lots of counters needed but gives you use for your change jar.

Also all the "pocket" games.

Zombie in my pocket
Airborne in my pocket
Fairy Tale in my pocket

What else?

Jasper and Zot is an amusing little game.
Dungeon in a Tin is simple but well made though does require some dice management or creation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The d6 Shooters - A fun and challenging Western series with some RPG elements. (only printing required)
Tower of the Dread Mage - An interesting PNP dungeon, I mean tower, crawl (only printing required)
Rogue's Quest - An interesting PNP with minor contstruction.
Pyramid Crawl - An interesting and challenging PNP with minor contstruction.
Wheels of Time - A Catanesque theme with interesting mechanics. PNP with minor construction.
The Legend of Robin Hood - Wonderful PNP remake available, some construction required.
Delve: The Dice Game - Simple PNP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of Footy Manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.