Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
post your questions and thoughts on the Benelux math trade here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dEBASER pIX
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok here goes. I'm a total newbie when it comes to mathtrades and I'm kinda puzzled when trying to use the OLWLG.
I've setup an account and have added some wants but I can't figure out what it means when I add different items to a want. When I check 3 of my games when editing a want does that mean that I'm offering 3 of my games for one game I want, or does it mean that I'm willing to offer any of those 3 games for my want. (So I give 1 and receive 1...)
I looked at the WIKI but haven't found anything that answers my question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any 1 of those 3 can trade for the item, by selecting them all three you tell the Olwg that its acceptable to pick any one game. You would only send one item then.

You only trade one geeklistitem for one geeklistitem, never more than that, but you can have more trades like that depending on your wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a quick look through the items I find it somewhat disappointing that there are quite some Belgian users who charge for shipping to the Netherlands and Dutch users who charge for shipping to Belgium.

Of course everyone has their own considerations and is free to decide what they charge, but IMHO in this way it kind of defeats the purpose of having a Benelux math trade, and we would be better off having separate Dutch and Belgian math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed disappointing, but I believe it will always be the case.
Maybe we could work something out for the next trade regarding combined shipping?
Last trade I sent 4 different packages to Delft . This could have been one. I wouldnt mind picking up a game at someones place nearby if I already trade with him or her.
Maybe we can add the city we live in to our geeklist submissions?

any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

One question: I never dealt with the items stating money or GG. But for example there is an item "22 Euros". Can I add it to my wishlist and treat it as a game? (for example select some of my games that I would trade for "22 Euros"?). I am aware that I should not trade money for money (and I only added games to the geeklist).

Thanks,
Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adrian,

in OLWLG the submission with money is treated as a game you can trade for.
So it is the same as any item in the list.

For example:

If you have GAME A

and you are interested in trading for GAME B, GAME C and MONEY (22euro)
you can add GAME B, C and MONEY to the wants for GAME A.

If a succesful trade occurs, you will trade your GAME A with someone for either GAME B or GAME C or MONEY.

Hope this is clear and it is what you ment.

cheers
ake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
right on the spot. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
Having a quick look through the items I find it somewhat disappointing that there are quite some Belgian users who charge for shipping to the Netherlands and Dutch users who charge for shipping to Belgium.

Of course everyone has their own considerations and is free to decide what they charge, but IMHO in this way it kind of defeats the purpose of having a Benelux math trade, and we would be better off having separate Dutch and Belgian math trades.

Totally agree with you... That's why I've quitted the "francophone" math trade, which has turned into a France math trade...

Because of the added charges, I didn't add a few games that interested me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Lust
Belgium
Ieper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valahuir wrote:
Game Knight wrote:

Totally agree with you... That's why I've quitted the "francophone" math trade, which has turned into a France math trade...

Because of the added charges, I didn't add a few games that interested me.

It might be interesting to have both a Benelux mathtrade and a "national" one. Maybe they can alternate? If the two-month interval is kept, you'd have three Benelux trades and three national trades each year. I think that would be fine.

Shipping from Belgium to the Netherlands costs 10 euro (with TNTPost). If you participate in the Benelux trade in the spirit of "free shipping anywhere", every trade means you commit to give a game plus 10 euro, and receive another game for that. For small games, that's not good value.

A strict Belgium math trade means shipping for 4 euro. There might be more small games in the trade then, which could compensate a bit for the loss of the Dutch offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Know that, that's why I make pack of two small games ^^

I don't know if there are enough games to trade and participants to add national math trades

Maybe we can try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait any longer for the results
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

I am waiting for someone who promised he will upload his wantlist today.
sorry for the holdup, it would mean more trades though.

cheers
ake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's getting harder and harder to wait :)

I don't know what's worse .. waiting and clicking 457 times a day on Refresh but having a higher probability of getting a trade, or having the results in time, but getting no trades :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm not the only to do that (refreshing compulsively )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no F5 way F5 sir! F5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no news? Becoming long...

Am I the only impatient here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ake arnouts
Belgium
gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry for the wait! did not get home on time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Schiavone
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Youhou! thanks for your great job, as usual!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.