Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just give it a go, set some counters and see.

You've got it right, the supply has to come either from a dump or being thrown by a HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TankBoy wrote:
Does there have to be a Supply dump nearby (within 5MP) or an HQ within throw range to refit a particular airbase?

Yes.

My most often repeated error playing OCS is to forget to leave supply within reach of my rear airbases during my move.

Air refit happens at the very beginning of a turn - before the turn's supply arrives - so if you have a base in the rear (or anywhere away from your main supply lines) you have to leave / send some tokens in that direction so your planes will come back next turn.

(But usually off map boxes refit planes for free).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Since Airbases do not need to ever be in Trace Supply, where does the 1T come from to refit?

This is why Airbases are usually within 5 MPs of a HQ or dump...

I think you will find in Tunisia that the Allies eventually have enough trucks and SPs that you can afford to have a truck driving round bringing SPs to any isolated airbases.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.