Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
You read it here first, stormseeker75 is leaving the tri-state area and heading out to Ann Arbor, Michigan for work. This is a one-way trip and I'm going to need some new friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you'll be really close to a NEW tri-state area - Michindoh! I also lived in the New Hampshire/Vermont/Massachuesettes tri-state area. I'm just really a big tri-state area guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not really what I would call "close", but maybe I'll see you at some of the bigger events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
What are some of the local events I should be looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends on how local. I know of monthly game days in Sterling Heights and Rochester Hills (about an hour to an hour and a half away from you). The local board game conventions that come to mind are MichiCon at Oakland University (June 22-24 this year) and U-Con (which is in the Ann Arbor area near the end of October at an undetermined location - we recently vacated the University of Michigan student union for a variety of reasons). I don't have access to websites right now, but I can post some links later if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnduBois wrote:
That depends on how local. I know of monthly game days in Sterling Heights and Rochester Hills (about an hour to an hour and a half away from you). The local board game conventions that come to mind are MichiCon at Oakland University (June 22-24 this year) and U-Con (which is in the Ann Arbor area near the end of October at an undetermined location - we recently vacated the University of Michigan student union for a variety of reasons). I don't have access to websites right now, but I can post some links later if you're interested.

There's also DaveCon in Okemos (near East Lansing) in August just down the interstate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! How far is Indianapolis? I may go to GenCon this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo, Audioslave overtext.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Nice! How far is Indianapolis? I may go to GenCon this year.
3-4 hours from you. Not a bad drive at all for that quality of convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out the Great Oaks Board Game Day guild for a once a month game day that goes for about 12 hours.

There is also the BLOC guild, which is a monthly game day in Canton, that gets a lot of crossover from Great Oak attendees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Yes indeed. If we ever hang out I'll be sure to tell you my Audioslave story. Good times.

Thank you for all the info. I look forward to meeting the Michigan geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
MittenCon in February
Lansing Boardgamers each month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
resist.
badge
Eternity, said Frankie Lee with a voice as cold as ice; That's right, said Judas Priest, eternity, though you might call it paradise...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Yes indeed. If we ever hang out I'll be sure to tell you my Audioslave story. Good times.

Thank you for all the info. I look forward to meeting the Michigan geeks.

Definitely. Although I do prefer Doesn't Remind Me... because it doesn't remind me of anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Well, not really what I would call "close", but maybe I'll see you at some of the bigger events.

Now that he's in Michigan, driving long distances will be normal!

-- The guy who lives 10 hours away from Ann Arbor and yet is still in Michigan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, coming from New England to Michigan was quite the eye opener for what 'far away' is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there will be some adjusting to distance. In NJ, everything is on top of each other so you don't have to go far. Looks to be a bit different in MI, especially the UP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

Now that he's in Michigan, driving long distances will be normal!

-- The guy who lives 10 hours away from Ann Arbor and yet is still in Michigan.

What sorts of gaming up in the U.P.? Houghton? Marquette? the Soo?

Good luck on the move Stormseeker! Smokes! You're coming in from Budd Lake? I lived in the Oranges and briefly D&D'd with someone briefly out in Budd Lake. The other guy was in Newton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
aboveriver wrote:
What sorts of gaming up in the U.P.? Houghton? Marquette? the Soo?

No organized groups in the entire UP that I know of. The gaming up here seems to be 100% college students in Houghton, Marquette, or the Soo, and then mostly groups of friends (no "gaming group" that you could easily get into).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
JohnduBois wrote:

Roughly thirty minutes east of Ann Arbor there is a group that meets in Livonia, RIW Hobbies I believe. Wednesday nights is there evening for games. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/575670/board-game-night-...

jeremiah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks, Jeremiah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an Ann Arbor group thread here on the Geek somewhere as well. I used to have a quick link to it, but just purged it this past week since I'm no longer in the area. Gotta love having awful timing shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it, I think. http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9006259
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://metrodetroitgamers.wordpress.com/gaming-conventions/m...
depending on how soon
http://www.ucon-gaming.org/

and as others have mention the great oaks group
there is also a Yahoo group for aa gamers ( ann arbor )
and tons of random events and happenings
i m tired right now to think more coherently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.