Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded for this game years ago, and didn't realize the rules were not present until recently. I had printed files that say "updated rules", but in practice its more of an FAQ with important details still missing.

I contacted Warfrog and they were unable/unwilling to help me. Could someone please provide a scan of the rules or a comparable file? I'll pay 5 gg if that provides any motivation. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the game but scanning and uploading isn't easy because I have to locate the equipment. Still if no one else can help more quickly and easily, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I own the game but scanning and uploading isn't easy because I have to locate the equipment. Still if no one else can help more quickly and easily, let me know.

Well, no one else has responded. If you can find the means to scan and send a copy of the rules, I'd be very appreciative. I can up the offer to 100 geek gold. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Well, no one else has responded. If you can find the means to scan and send a copy of the rules, I'd be very appreciative. I can up the offer to 100 geek gold.

No rpomises but I'll see what I can do. Perhaps contact Martin Wallace here on BG by geekmail first?

Moshe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
cornjob wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Well, no one else has responded. If you can find the means to scan and send a copy of the rules, I'd be very appreciative. I can up the offer to 100 geek gold. :)

No rpomises but I'll see what I can do. Perhaps contact Martin Wallace here on BG by geekmail first?

Moshe

I wrote to him via Treefrog's email and his colleague replied saying that "they couldn't help". I got the impression they don't have such a file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
whac3 wrote:
cornjob wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Well, no one else has responded. If you can find the means to scan and send a copy of the rules, I'd be very appreciative. I can up the offer to 100 geek gold.

Moshe

I wrote to him via Treefrog's email and his colleague replied saying that "they couldn't help". I got the impression they don't have such a file.

OK
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, the RaW are a bit of a mess. I did a quick scan of the files on the site here and think there should be more than enough to guide play. There are a lot of opinions on options to improve the experience - I'm not sure I saw that file specifically but I was scanning pretty quick. GL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
Frankly, the RaW are a bit of a mess. I did a quick scan of the files on the site here and think there should be more than enough to guide play. There are a lot of opinions on options to improve the experience - I'm not sure I saw that file specifically but I was scanning pretty quick. GL...

Well, I went through those files about two months ago, printed off several and thought I had the full rules (plus clarifications/FAQ). It wasn't. Our playing session was a disaster with lots of questions that I couldn't answer including some pretty basic stuff. I don't see a file on here (in English) that has a comprehensive rules explanation, and I didn't have much luck trying to piece it together from multiple files.

I'd like to get the rules as written, and then refer to the files here to clean it up. But there were critical details that were absent from the stuff I got here. If I missed a file that provides the clarified rules in full, could you point it out? I looked over everything but its possible one escaped me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
Bubslug wrote:

Well, I went through those files about two months ago, printed off several and thought I had the full rules (plus clarifications/FAQ). It wasn't. Our playing session was a disaster with lots of questions that I couldn't answer including some pretty basic stuff. I don't see a file on here (in English) that has a comprehensive rules explanation, and I didn't have much luck trying to piece it together from multiple files.

I'd like to get the rules as written, and then refer to the files here to clean it up. But there were critical details that were absent from the stuff I got here. If I missed a file that provides the clarified rules in full, could you point it out? I looked over everything but its possible one escaped me.

This looks like a good reference to me (it claims to incorporate FAQ info): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/33503/empires-of-the-a...
What additional info do you need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuc Lubbers
Netherlands
Unspecified
south- west
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chester,

sorry for not seeing your post earlier.
Did you get manage to get a copy of the rules ?
If not, let me know your email address.
I will scan and send them to you.

regards,
Lucas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone emailed a scan of the rules for me. Thanks.

Incidentally, I tried contacting Treefrog / Martin Wallace and was told they could not help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.