Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hornburg
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I royally screwed up a lot of common rules in first play last night. Reviewing here this morning, most of my questions were addressed here. So I apologize if already addressed, but I didn't see this one anywhere.

When trading in the tiles, are the ones previously traded public info or closed?

We were playing it open and stacking accordingly for view. I'm generally an open info kind of guy- but this really seemed to bog down the AP factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, the rules do not address this. In one of our games, about half way through, I started stacking the discarded tiles as well because I really wanted to determine what remained. Unless there is an official ruling on this, you are going to have to house rule it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say to place the tiles in a discard pile. I would say that's haphazardly, some will be face up, some face down, just a big mess.

Personally, I wouldn't allow searching the pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a lot of games and it has never really come up. If there are a lot of times left in the bag, counting the discards is near pointless and if there are only few, the discards will be in the bag soon enough. What we generally do is discard in a pile and allow the occasional casual search through the dicard pile, but if your group is prone to wanting to count all the cargo tiles just to figure out their odds every time they use the Black Market, you will probably have to house rule something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.