Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small» Forums » General

Subject: what scores are you getting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wondering what scores the rest of you are getting.we are getting in the 30's which i suspect is low!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two games I have on the list ended 41-42 and 40-39.

I'm not sure if a higher score can generally be regarded as a sign of having played better.
Two good players might block each others' plans more efficiently, so they may have lower scores than two not-so-good players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in the (lower) 40s usually. Highest we got was like 51 or so, though (can't look it up right now). The last few games, my girlfriend beat me by several (even 5 or so) points.

You're probably right that lower scores may be a sign of better players, where better means more thwarting, which in turn may be a necessary skill for success. Once I made a solely destructive move, taking a herd of animals (don't remember if it was three or four) just to let them all run away (my girlfriend would have had enough space for all of them). Both our scores came out considerably lower then than in our other games, but I figure if I hadn't done that, she'd have ended up way ahead (she still won however...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shepherd
United Kingdom
Ovington
Northumberland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for high thirtees / low forties here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember we had scores like 45+ with the winner always having about 50+ during the few times I got to play it as a prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
I remember we had scores like 45+ with the winner always having about 50+ during the few times I got to play it as a prototype.

The prototype still had 5 extra strips of land instead of 4 - that's good for at least a handful of points. So those scores don't count. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
35-42 over three games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Steindorfer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
highest score 60, but it was the first match and my opponent had rule problems, because i explained them so bad...

after 15 plays the highest score was 52 and the winning scores are normally around 39-45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aw you make me feel better!
there is only about five points between us but sounds like we arent doing as badly as i feared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
Ponton wrote:

The prototype still had 5 extra strips of land instead of 4 - that's good for at least a handful of points. So those scores don't count. whistle

Thanks, didn't know that. Still do not have a copy around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
First game tonight - we enjoyed it, definitely feels like Agricola lite with some similar tensions towards the end as you look to maximise your scores in last couple of rounds - and again left with the feeling of if only I had a couple of extra goes -

Kate 43 - me 41

She went crazy on horses and cows - I tried originally to get some of the special buildings first for some vps - I think I went for them too early. Next time.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drackion Drackion
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Four games played so far and I am enjoying playing.

Scores

54-42
57-47
63.5-37
44-56

We have always had at least one -3 score sometimes two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winning scores - 44 in our first game, then 48, and 55 in the third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I doing something wrong? Are we playing the same game? My highest score was 24...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drackion Drackion
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe. Show me a score card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind, i reread the instructions and the problem was that we were not giving a point for every animal we had. We just gave the extrapoints as shown on the box. Now we also get about 35-50 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game 41:42 to me. Phew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Panzer
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game yesterday and the scoring was 53-47 (I won).
if both players understand the game, and its quite simple, I think the scorings will always be tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
First game yesterday, 31:38 in favour of me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
Canada
flag msg tools
My first game with the wife was 61.5 - 49 for me. I didn't have any score penalties.

I grabbed an expansion and special buildings right away so that I didn't need very many fences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, our first game last night ended up being 25-9, I must not be seeing something in the strategy that is allowing folks the 40-50 point range. Fences become limited and our resources didn't seem to allow a lot of building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Wow, our first game last night ended up being 25-9, I must not be seeing something in the strategy that is allowing folks the 40-50 point range. Fences become limited and our resources didn't seem to allow a lot of building.

Wow, 9 is really low. You do replenish _all_ the resources each round? So that if you don't take e.g. 3 wood in the first round, you can get 6 in the second?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
Vacabck wrote:

Wow, 9 is really low. You do replenish _all_ the resources each round? So that if you don't take e.g. 3 wood in the first round, you can get 6 in the second?

Yeah, we did, but the wood was always taken for the most part, so none of the resources really built up all that large.

I thought the 9 was pretty low as well, but that was also taking a -9 penalty for only having 1 group of animals greater than 3.

I kind of wonder if our scoring was off a bit. I'll have to look at the score card again this afternoon and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
ashman wrote:
Vacabck wrote:

Yeah, we did, but the wood was always taken for the most part, so none of the resources really built up all that large.

I thought the 9 was pretty low as well, but that was also taking a -9 penalty for only having 1 group of animals greater than 3.

I kind of wonder if our scoring was off a bit. I'll have to look at the score card again this afternoon and see.

Next guess: Have you recognized that you get 1 VP per animal, and only then add / subtract the additional VPs listed on the side of the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, just throwing this out to see if I made a mistake in scoring.

So I had:

7-sheep
9-pigs
5-cows
1-horse

1-stall
1-bonus farm section filled

That equals 25 points, right? Including the -3 deduction for only 1 horse.

Other player had:

12-Sheep
1-Pig
1-Cow
3-Horses

1-vp building bonus, I forget for which one

and 0 points for the added on tiles because none were completely filled.

That comes out to 9 points if I am not mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.