Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Burgun
United States
Goldens Bridge
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I wanted to tell you guys about my upcoming turn-based tactics game, AURO. So first, I should tell you my story.

Since I was 3, I've been obsessed with videogames. However, in the past 10 or 15 years, I've been increasingly disappointed with the direction they've been going. It's gotten so bad that I just seriously am not interested at all in new AAA videogames that are coming out.

I might have started to think that I just wasn't that crazy about games if it weren't for boardgamegeek. I discovered this site about 2 years ago, and since, I've gone on a MAD RAMPAGE to learn about boardgames as much as I possibly could. You can take a look at my trading history and games I currently own and stuff to see that I think, especially for someone without a lot of money, I've done really well in learning about boardgames.

I had this feeling like "YES! THIS is what games have been missing!" That "thing" was interesting, ambiguous decision-making.

My last game was 100 Rogues, and it is decidedly a videogame. A videogamer's videogame. But since then, I've learned so much, and used that knowledge to create a better kind of videogame.

AURO is my next game, and it has taken so much from what I've learned from boardgames into account. Stuff like replayability, elegance, depth, efficiency, etc.

Anyway, I do think that AURO is the kind of game that board-gamers would love, and just about everyone will have access to it, being on so many platforms.

We just started a KICKSTARTER campaign a few minutes ago. Please check it out, and tell me what you think!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dinofarmgames/auro?ref=b...

Thanks a lot guys, and you can help us by donating or by spreading the word.

-Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.