Subject: TALK WHEN PLAYER Selects personality card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we have a dispute with one player today!!
4 player game .first player select a card and he gave the other cards to the second the secont select and goes to 3d player.that player start to talk do you think is this righr.in my opinion you can do and say what ever you want what do you think??the second player that you cant do that!!what do you think??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on what was being said. Was he saying what he had taken? What someone else had taken? What he wanted someone to take? What he had for dinner?

Some groups have different standards than others. I don't think it would occur to my game group to declare what they had taken, or intended to take, or what wasn't available to take. I can possibly imagine someone saying "I bet George is going to take the King" or "someone take the Warlord to stomp George's building." Some groups would tolerate that, but I expect others wouldn't.

If there's a question about what kind of table talk is allowed (and there clearly is, in your group), I suggest setting standards ahead of time, so that everyone understands what rules you're playing by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed in another thread: Can you discuss who you think picked who?.

The rules say that you secretly choose a character card, so I feel that means you can't reveal what card you took or what cards were passed to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It's against the spirit of the rules and should be against the rules as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmmmmm.i think you re right guys!!
none can talk when select all the players.after all players choose one card we can start say what ever we want!!!!i think this is better!!!what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is all about mindf*cking your opponents, and trash talk is just one way to do it. Just remember: the fact that you can talk doesn't necessarily mean that you have to say the truth devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Betote wrote:
This game is all about mindf*cking your opponents, and trash talk is just one way to do it. Just remember: the fact that you can talk doesn't necessarily mean that you have to say the truth devil
Usually, this isn't an issue, but some players can REALLY abuse this sort of thing. For example, assume the only hard rule is I'm not allowed to show my char card. I choose character cards first, p2 chooses next, etc.

Then after role selections, p3 plays as the Assassin. As p1 (who got to pick chars first), I know which cards could not be available. I tell him Warlord and Architect are out. P3 recalls that the available character cards not only were missing Architect and Warlord, but Thief and Merchant were missing too. I tell him I picked the Merchant. *Ding* *ding* *ding*! We've narrowed p2 down to be the Thief! Sure, I could be lying, but if p2's ahead, we have a reason to team up against him to slow him down.

To me, this is the sort of thing I would NOT allow. You can f@#$ with your opponent's minds and bluff, but it still has to be within the rules.

EDIT: Typos and missed something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
To echo the above, players 2 and 4 (for example) can narrow down what player 3 chose to the exact character, and then player 2 can (for example) play the Thief on him to steal 6 gold. The next round, players 1 and 3 pull the same trick on player 2, and so it goes because no one wants someone to spend those 6 gold. That would be a good strategy (if it was legal) but it would make the game really lame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not just a lame game: those are lame players. The fact that you can do it, and that it's legal, doesn't mean that it's advisable to do.

Alas, I can understand your point of view: almost all my Citadels games involve shouting arguments. Which is the main reason I enjoy them. I would never play a game of Citales where players are only interested in the "strategic" part of the game with none of the social backstabbing and trash talking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i make that same question to the creator of the game.im waiting for an answer .i don't know if he will ,i hope .......i think the best is not to speak at the select part of the game.when all players take a personality you can do everything you want.that's why the game has the bluff .
one thought that i have is in game with 4players to open only one card and 2closed.what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.