Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Chaney
United Kingdom
Dry Drayton
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am asking about a website feature, I maybe should have posted elsewhere, but it's trade related so...

How do I search for users that want a game I have, where I am not worried about what they have for trade?

I have just a few titles left in my collection that I no longer require, and would like to find trade matches. Thing is, I basically have all the games I know I want, so there is little left in my want list.

I would like to search for users that want what I have to offer, and I'll likely take whatever they are offering. Short of posting here (I know I could, I just dont want to bother people on an ongoing basis about games that are not exactly in demand) am I missing a click, or is there no such feature?

My other option of course is to wait for the next UK (or APO friendly US) Math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Go to the game page of the game you own.
2. Scroll down, under Statistics, there is a "Users Wanting" link -- select it -- it will show you who wants that game.
3. Select each user in turn to see their trade lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
2. Scroll down, under Statistics, there is a "Users Wanting" link -- select it -- it will show you who wants that game.

That's it. Unfortunately there isn't a way to filter this by country or region or to get an aggregated sortable list of games. This is my most wanted BGG feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
throwingmuse wrote:

That's it. Unfortunately there isn't a way to filter this by country or region or to get an aggregated sortable list of games. This is my most wanted BGG feature.

While you can't sort by region, you can sort by country.

1) Hover over Bazaar, click on trades.
2) Select Custom Search
3) Highlight the game you're looking to trade, and check the box on the far right 'search my country only'

It'll match up people trading games you want, for the selected game, in the country you live.

Read the OP again a biit more carefully; that's not what we're looking for. Essentiallly, we want the inverse of the "match any in my collection" button: show us all possible trades for a game I have (not one I want) even if I don't have the games on my want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid1280 wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
Raid1280 wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
throwingmuse wrote:

While you can't sort by region, you can sort by country.

1) Hover over Bazaar, click on trades.
2) Select Custom Search
3) Highlight the game you're looking to trade, and check the box on the far right 'search my country only'

It'll match up people trading games you want, for the selected game, in the country you live.

Read the OP again a biit more carefully; that's not what we're looking for. Essentiallly, we want the inverse of the "match any in my collection" button: show us all possible trades for a game I have (not one I want) even if I don't have the games on my want list.

I was quite aware of what he was asking for specifically, I thought I'd try and be helpful by suggesting a way that you, not he, could sort by country in some manner.

Lesson learned.

In that case, read my post a bit more carefully. I'm looking for the same thing as the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a little snarky in here, aren't we?

Anyways, the easiest way to do it is pretty obvious. Go down the list of 58,780 games and start adding them to your "want for trade" list. Shouldn't take too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
Getting a little snarky in here, aren't we?

I didn't think so. :shrug:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.