Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads-up: only about 28.5 hours left for the early registration discount for BGG.CON! After midnight tomorrow night the price goes up to $110.

Even more important: we're now over 95% full, so selling out is imminent!

And as a final incentive, we've allocated about 1/2 of our 18,000 sqft exhibitor hall and here's the list of who's already signed up to come:

5th Street Games
Artisan Dice
Blue Panther
Cardhaus Games
Columbia Games
Cool Mini Or Not
Crazybooth
Days of Wonder
Decision Games
Eagle & Gryphon Games
Fireside Games
Funagain Games
Game Company No. 3
Game Salute
Level 99 Games
Mayfair Games
Steve Jackson Games
Stronghold Games LLC
Thornhenge
Two Lanterns Games
Victory Point Games
Visible Hand Games
WeaselPants Productions

Don't worry if you don't see your favorite publisher yet - there's still many we've talked with that want to come. They just haven't signed up yet for one reason or another, but go ahead and send them a gentle reminder!

And if you haven't signed up yet - what are you waiting for?
BGG.CON 2012 Information and Registration
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Rasmussen
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Cowboy Bebop
badge
I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to do it, Faye.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurray for CrazyBooth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Columbia! thumbsup

Is Steve Jackson going to have the new Ogre on site? One can hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!

Looks like more attendees means more game companies and hopefully even more events. It is going to be hard to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Columbia! thumbsup

Is Steve Jackson going to have the new Ogre on site? One can hope!

My thought as well (on Columbia).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of vendors this year! I'm going on a shopping spree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
Lots of vendors this year! I'm going on a shopping spree!

Note to self....

Pack more gold coins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I can't attend this year, but it's fantastic seeing that the registration availability this year in the new locale has lasted over two months [and counting] instead of like last year when it lasted maybe two weeks [if that, I can't recall] before the con filled up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Sadly I can't attend this year, but it's fantastic seeing that the registration availability this year in the new locale has lasted over two months [and counting] instead of like last year when it lasted maybe two weeks [if that, I can't recall] before the con filled up.
We will miss you Nate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere but does the BGG Store normally have a presence at the con? I was hoping to pick up a few promos without paying $5 each to ship them (especially since I live right next door in Fort Worth).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMunsch wrote:
Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere but does the BGG Store normally have a presence at the con? I was hoping to pick up a few promos without paying $5 each to ship them (especially since I live right next door in Fort Worth).

The prices at the con are different than the prices in the store [I recall most being $5], but the items are available. Don't expect to go and just pick these things up for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMunsch wrote:

Yup, all of the promos are there, but the prices there are the same as the normal Geek Store prices ($5 each for most promos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMunsch wrote:

The bit about the promos costing $0.01 and $4.99 to ship is a bit of legal fiction. They were selling them at the con last year for $5.00 each.

I suspect someone will pipe up that when you buy them at the con you're paying the same $0.01 price and a $4.99 "handling fee" to cover their cost of bringing them to the con and using precious table space to sell them. And someone else will chime in that there's sales tax on merchandise but not S&H fees.

Yeah. Right. Whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
JohnMunsch wrote:

The bit about the promos costing $0.01 and $4.99 to ship is a bit of legal fiction. They were selling them at the con last year for $5.00 each.

I suspect someone will pipe up that when you buy them at the con you're paying the same $0.01 price and a $4.99 "handling fee" to cover their cost of bringing them to the con and using precious table space to sell them. And someone else will chime in that there's sales tax on merchandise but not S&H fees.

Yeah. Right. Whatever.
Ludicrous! I'd gladly pay $4.99/promo + .01 S&H, but not the other way round: highway robbery, that is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
The bit about the promos costing $0.01 and $4.99 to ship is a bit of legal fiction.

That's an awfully generous description (the "legal" part).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Hare
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my registration in under the wire...
This will be my third BGG Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
JohnMunsch wrote:

Yeah. Right. Whatever.

I believe some time last Fall items in the Geek Store went to a flat price with shipping included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MungSu wrote:
JohnMunsch wrote:

I believe some time last Fall items in the Geek Store went to a flat price with shipping included.

In January of this year, the BGG Store went to a flat price with free shipping for most products in the store.

Yes, the BGG Store will be at BGG.CON. And no, the prices won't change on the promos just because customers and the store happen to be in the same space.

Kristine
BGG Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
instead of like last year when it lasted maybe two weeks [if that, I can't recall] before the con filled up.

It was actually about 4 days. Certainly less than a week, because I remember some folks missed out because they only checked BGG weekly.

Nice to see that they seem to have increased to just about cover demand this year. In fact - assuming they don't sell out in the next 24 hours, I think this might be the first time that any BGG.con has outlasted the early-registration period. Someone has the opportunity to be the first person to ever pay full price for the con, I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we had a few non-early birds in 2005 and 2006.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristine wrote:
MungSu wrote:
JohnMunsch wrote:

In January of this year, the BGG Store went to a flat price with free shipping for most products in the store.

Yes, the BGG Store will be at BGG.CON. And no, the prices won't change on the promos just because customers and the store happen to be in the same space.

Kristine
BGG Store

I don't expect prices to change. I just don't want to pay $10 extra to ship two small pieces of cardboard 30 miles :)

Instead I can spend more on the promos themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnMunsch wrote:
I don't expect prices to change. I just don't want to pay $10 extra to ship two small pieces of cardboard 30 miles

Did you read the text you quoted where it says that shipping is free?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
JohnMunsch wrote:
I don't expect prices to change. I just don't want to pay $10 extra to ship two small pieces of cardboard 30 miles :)

Did you read the text you quoted where it says that shipping is free?

I could swear I priced Cyclades: Hecate and Cyclades: Manticore in my shopping cart just a month or so ago and it was $17.50. $7.50 for the promos and $10 for shipping. I know it couldn't be a whole lot more than that because my first play of Cyclades was in March and I wasn't looking for promos for it until after I had played it.

Either way, if I offended anyone I'm sorry. Just looking to buy the promos since I'll be there. No offense intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.