Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you retreat an aux or force with only aux's into a vacant enemy cultivated space? If so, would you immediately raid it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like Auxiliaries can retreat into cultivated spaces. I don't see it listed on the 7.92 exceptions. It seems like they would not get the automatic raid though. 10.1 specifies that if ... at the end of their activation... then they raid. I believe the activation would be over by the time the retreat happens.

Edit: Volko knows the game a little better than me. Go with his interpretation. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Auxiliaries can retreat to any terrain (7.92 and "Unit Abilities" on the Charts and Tables), including originally enemy Cultivated.

Any Auxiliaries without Drilled Troops and in an originally enemy cultivated space at the end of their Activation must Raid (10.1).

Battle is resolved before Raid (5.36 and "Sequence of Play" on the game board, consistent with "end of their Activation" above).

So, if the Auxiliary was Active (therefore the Attacker) in a Battle and retreated to originally enemy Cultivated, it would then have to Raid. Think of this as the Indians or frontiersmen finding themselves amidst enemy targets and potential trophies while on campaign: they take the opportunity and go.

If the Auxiliary were Defender (not Active) and retreated, it would just sit there. If it subsequently was Activated and then did not move, it would Raid then.

Hope that helps! Best regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting! OK Thanks a lot!! This clears up a lot of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Interesting. I had no idea. I am glad that was cleared up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.