Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Sequoyah
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks awesome! I can't wait to try it!

I'm curious: How much of a difference does it make having the Creatures do the "rampage" thing where you have to count their dice rolls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sequoyah
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) Thank you for the response and for adding the changes here. I am definitely interested to see how you can upgrade fortresses!

2) I don't know if I like the idea of the Leaders/Heroes being able to fight. Do you mean only when defending? Or defending and attacking?

3) I'm not sure how the "bonus cards" modify rolls exactly, but I have a simple version idea:
A Power card in a player's hand may be played as a +1 modifier to any die roll during an attack or defense, for the duration of the attack on 1 territory. This discards the card with no point value towards the end of the game. Only 1 Power card may be played this way per attack. It may be played at any time before or after dice rolls.

4) What do you think about changing the +1 abilities for Leaders and Strongholds so that players have a choice what die it affects? This would be a way to let the different units' dice have a little bit more impact....but possibly too much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up at a thrift shop not knowing the difference between the trilogy edition and this version. Seeing your rules I like them. I Expect to visit the hobby shop to get five d8's and five d10's in split 3red/2black colors, appropiately. I have only five simple questions.

A. In the rules you created you state 'creature rampage'.
you only take two die roll results when you use a creature (eagle/troll)
But what if you attack with THREE Creatures?
How do you determine which of the two die rolls are used.
I'm making a guess when you gave the example of 2(d10),6(d8),3(d6) that you meant to take the two dies with more faces first over a d6.
When you attack with three creatures then how do you dertermine which rolled values you use?
What is the rule there?

B. And with territory cards for reinforcements
- For three different kind of units you get 2 standard units, 2 Riders and 2 Creatures.

Does this mean with threee mismatching cards you get those reinforcement. Or do you mean the Wild cards. (which show three differnt kinds of troops on the same card, and theres only 2 in the deck). Im guessing the latter.

C. You state when you defeat a territory in (vanilla risk) that you pulled a power card. I thought you pulled a territory card in vanilla (original game) risk. Power cards in this version are significantly differnt.

D. Do you still use Secret missions in this variant?

E. you stated that bonus cards are also used do you simply mix them in with the deck with the power cards? (not territory cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A. Wouldnt that mean with a die roll of 2,6,3 that you would have chosen 6 & 3, Not 2 and 3? (a mistake possibly?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B. Mismatching cards are easier to make than to get 'wild territory cards'. Why give a bonus of additional troops for mismatching cards instead of 'Wild territory cards'.

E. What are 'tactical' cards? Do you mean 'event' cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactical cards. How many are there and how much do they change the game? Could you provide (text only) a translation of the cards? (and how many if there multiple of the same cards.
??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these special 'events' cards necessary to play this version of the game? If you play without them does it really affect gameplay according to your rules? Or does it not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me. I didn't mean 'event' cards. What you called special made "Tacticle" cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.