Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi folks,

Can anyone advise if this would be playable as a solitaire game?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rich,

This came up in a previous post. I think you can play it as a solo game, however the game is very random. There is not much going on here strategically. It is more of a tactical effort to get your passengers onto lifeboats. Some other things in the game might not have as much meaning in a solo effort, one example would be moving the crowds. The crowds are a way you can slow your opponents down during game play.

Anyway, I am not sure how rewarding a solo experience would be for this game. I haven't tried it solo yet, so I guess I should try it once before I reserve judgement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the info... It does sound like this won't be a great solo experience, but I suppose I could always tweek the gameplay a bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on giving it a go solo, once I get the game that is (they took my money but no official word from them, so I hope that is their normal business M O.) Anyway, regarding the crowds, I was thinking of a die generated direction and movement for them which could impede your passengers, very similar to the actual rules. As a solo experience, it might be worth a try to simply load up the ship with all 4 passenger/crew types and see how many of them you can get to safety. Playing this solo will be more of an experience than an actual game, which will be fine with me.

Also I think that the 2 player variant rules are a good start in trying to manipulate the game towards solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

I had a similar experience when I ordered but my copy was more of a pre-order. I recommend you contact them through their website if you have any questions. I received a quick, professional response to an e-mail I sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have the game at hand, I see potential for making a decent solitaire variant. This would involve using a D6 dice for initiative, having crowd movement randomnized, and retooling many of the aid tokens to become more event driven. Once I playtest it a number of times and am satisfied with the result, I'll post the variant rules here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.