Subject: repeat heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm worried Glorfindel (sp?) is going to be the hero for the next adventure pack. Are they just going to repeat heroes that they have already used and just give them different abilities (like Aragorn) cause I don't think I would like that? Anyone with me on that????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
So I'm worried Glorfindel (sp?) is going to be the hero for the next adventure pack. Are they just going to repeat heroes that they have already used and just give them different abilities (like Aragorn) cause I don't think I would like that? Anyone with me on that????

I'm definitely with you. I don't mind new versions of characters as that can be cool to a point. But right now we are still very early in this game's life and there are a ton of other characters in Middle Earth who they should make first.

Plus we just got a repeat hero this cycle in Lore Aragorn. Having two of the six heroes in a cycle be repeats would kinda suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I'm ok with the repeats as long as there aren't too many per cycle. (And by too I mean two.) I love the new Aragorn. I know there has been a lot of talk about a Spirit Glorfindel on FFG, but there really hasn't been any evidence of it yet. (Now, if Asfaloth were a Spirit card I would worry, but as it is the card boosts Lore.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
There hasn't been just talk, mr French said it himself. Although he said there might be a new version (Tactics or Spirit) and at the time he said it, the whole Dwarrodelf must have probably been out for the printers. So either he was taking a piss and might should have been will, or he's coming later.

I am quite torn in this, I do like Strider version much better than the initial Aragorn and I want to see a new version of Glorfindel big time but other than that, I do not mind if we don't get anyone else anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
I'm ok with the repeats as long as there aren't too many per cycle. (And by too I mean two.) I love the new Aragorn. I know there has been a lot of talk about a Spirit Glorfindel on FFG, but there really hasn't been any evidence of it yet. (Now, if Asfaloth were a Spirit card I would worry, but as it is the card boosts Lore.)

Also, consider this, Strider (Lore) came within the same pack as StwB (Leadership), so that actually contradicts your worries (or the lack of) quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
jpraibis wrote:
Bullroarer Took wrote:

Also, consider this, Strider (Lore) came within the same pack as StwB (Leadership), so that actually contradicts your worries (or the lack of) quite a bit.

I see your point. But I guess it won't bother me too much even if there is a new Glory. And I'm aware that Mr. French talked about new versions of heros, I read the interview. I don't recall him calling out Glorfindel though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
He did. I then wrote to him via ffg and he confirmed it - but said nothing as to when he's coming up. I find Asfaloth so good that I don't mind now playing the Lore Glorfindel but I would still like to see a new version with a more useful ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well with the last adventure pack not containing neutral cards, and having an extra lore card. Perhaps it is possible for future packs to contain multiple heroes instead of the Neutral cards. I would love more choice of heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait until you see him first. If it is him I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I posted this yesterday, but I see no sign of it...

I would much prefer more than one copy of a real hero like Aragorn or Glorfindel, than 1 copy of a fake hero like Beravor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I would much prefer more than one copy of a real hero like Aragorn or Glorfindel, than 1 copy of a fake hero like Beravor.

I do agree. But on the other hand I do not blame them for creating characters, it is basically just coming up with a name...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McGranor Jr
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

She's real. FFG just felt that Beravor sounded better then 'Prancing Pony patron #3' Not every single background character was described or named, and the main characters certainly are not the only heroes in Middle Earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Janitor wrote:

She's real. FFG just felt that Beravor sounded better then 'Prancing Pony patron #3' Not every single background character was described or named, and the main characters certainly are not the only heroes in Middle Earth.

Yes, I meant something along those lines. It falls within the story quite well. One just has to be careful with the names since Tolkien put so much thought into them. I do like Henamarth Riversong very much actually but I am not sure at all where it came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.