Bruce Tanchel
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Does anyone have any news on when this might be released? I havent heard anything about it for a while.

Thanks

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone heard anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of wondering about this myself. Even a 'this has been canceled' would suffice. At least I wouldn't be wondering forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
I'm kind of wondering about this myself. Even a 'this has been canceled' would suffice. At least I wouldn't be wondering forever.

I'm guessing he's just been super busy with the Archipelago release... I'm sure this one'll come out eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest trap Dungeon Twister: Traps ever sprung was convincing the world it existed in the first place. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was lost in space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
According to the designer, Dungeon Twister expansions (and Earth Reborn expansions) are going to be released as either a Kickstarter program or a similar P500 type program on the Ludically web site.

Do you know if they will be available ONLY through that, or afterwards, available through the normal channels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they should have a kickstarter to get their kickstarter program going. That way, Dungeon Twister Traps will be hot off the presses and ready for stores in about 4 years :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
manhattandoctor wrote:
According to the designer, Dungeon Twister expansions (and Earth Reborn expansions) are going to be released as either a Kickstarter program or a similar P500 type program on the Ludically web site.

Do you know if they will be available ONLY through that, or afterwards, available through the normal channels?

I can only guess that they will be available beyond a KS program. Ludically simply cannot afford to have miniatures made without some sort of guarantee on a minimum number of sales. Makes sense. I just hope it happens soon.

I can understand that, I don't understand why they ever got into the minatures anyway. The cardboard standups were better IMO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
...I don't understand why they ever got into the minatures anyway. The cardboard standups were better IMO...

Yeah, I feel the same. The stand-ups are fine and they keep costs down.

Also, I would love to have more DT goodness at a reasonable prince (ahem...please print Creatures Sylvestres in English and release it in the USA please). If avoiding miniatures brings the active production of this game out of it's slumber then that is fine by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creatures Sylvestres in English and how about some of the promised 3/4 player (red/green) pieces. I know that is the reason DT doesn't get played at my groups gathering. The lack of 3/4 player support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoresnoresnore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TWISTER! Need more TWISTER!!!!

I'm in agony!

AGONY!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, have you guys played the base game out? Exhausted all its possibilities? Has it gotten stale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, sadly it's hard to find time/people to play, but I LOVE the game and want more!!!!

I think Chris needs to do a Kickstarter and forget publishers.

Kickstarter will also drive up interest in the game and help sell more copies of Prison if you ask me.

What do you guys think?

Chris, are you on these forums? What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Xtrasmiley wrote:

Chris and JC are Ludically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xtrasmiley wrote:

Well Chris is essentially his own publisher with Ludically (DT Prison and Archipelago), seeing as how he started the company. So it's not a question of finding a publisher. Kickstarter's not a bad idea though as it would essentially be a P500 for Ludically putting out Traps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
roufus wrote:

I'm guessing he's just been super busy with the Archipelago release... I'm sure this one'll come out eventually.

I remember asking whatever happened to Dungeon Twister a couple of years ago. Guess what the answer was?

"He's busy with Earth Reborn."

And now that's a game that needs love even more than DT. Looking around at the market, it has pretty evidently. Actual board games seem to be out of vogue. Deck-builders and card-drafters and worke-placers and cube-pushers and LCG's are the order of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
Xtrasmiley wrote:

Chris and JC are Ludically.

Yeah I watched the video of Chris talking about doing a Kickstarter like thing on his own companies website. A MISTAKE if you ask me. Why?

On his own website it will attract only people who hear about it or regularly visit the website, likely not many.

On Kickstarter, you have to give a percent to the KS, but the audience is HUGE and it may pull in people who haven't even heard of the game before.

Also, people tend to back things on KS even without playing them, again, a great way to sell more copies of older stuff like Prison to get them into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
So, have you guys played the base game out? Exhausted all its possibilities? Has it gotten stale?

Also, no, but I wish the PS3 version would get more expansions and characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Xtrasmiley wrote:
Patrick Carroll wrote:

Also, no, but I wish the PS3 version would get more expansions and characters.

The video game publisher - Hydravision - has reportedly gone out of business. So I don't think we'll see these anytime soon, if ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quasi related: I'm actually rather surprised as to the 'love it or hate it' aspect of this designer (judging from what I've seen about DT and Archipelago.)

The DT videogame didn't seem to go over well AT ALL for those who didn't already know the board game.

Archipelago people seem to think its social aspects are 'inelegant.'

DT seems to not satisfy a large group of people who seem to find the actual 'dungeon' aspect of it hard to manuever around in.

With all these constant minuses about DT and/or the designers games (not sure about ER), it doesn't surprise me that they'd drag their feet on this.

But heck. SOMEONE has to like DT if they made all those expansions. Here's hoping he will reprioritize and get some new stuff soon (with included cardboard standups; I hate having standups + minis in the same game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group loved DT, we regularly playing it back in the mid 2000's. It was the lack of more 3/4 player stuff that killed it. All they ever seemed to release we more 2 player stuff with the corredsponding 4 player packs. It doesn't get to the table at all now. When Prison came out we had a hope for DT, then found out it was only for 2 players (and cost more due to the miniatures). Several in my group, including myself, have sold off our old copies on ebay for a decent profit. We have moved on due to the lack of support for the game.
I really wish the designer well and hope DT recovers but until 4 player stuff is released that won't happen with my gaming group. I'm guessing if Traps ever does get released it will be 2 player stuff with miniatures, so we will all pass as we have with Prison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a laminator, so I'm actually making 3/4 player standups for the sets they never made them for. It's slow going, but I'll be able to have a 3/4 player forest + snow game in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.