Thumb up
 Hide
110 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Memoir '44» Forums » News

Subject: Memoir: '44 Equipment Pack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS received this notice from their distributor and asked if I wanted to pre-order the upcoming Memoir:'44 "Equipment Pack."

Quote:
The Memoir '44 Equipment Pack is a major expansion to the Memoir ‘44 game system and fills a game box as big as the original board game. 186 plastic figures in total, the Equipment Pack includes: 108 figures from 4 WWII nations, including French Infantry, Finnish Ski Troops, Italian Artillery and Polish Cavalry; 24 new pieces of Artillery (Flak-88’s, “Long Tom” Big Guns, M7 Priests and “Screaming Meemies” Nebelwerfers); new Beach Landing equipment that includes 6 amazing Hobart’s Funnies, complete with accessories; 6 Snipers; and scores of new Armor, Vehicle and Special Weapon Assets, including some Elefant Tank Destroyers, Kübelwagen Command cars, and M2 Mortars and Machine Guns.

These figures can be deployed over many of the existing Memoir ‘44 scenarios and are also heavily featured in the 10 Standard, 2 Breakthrough and 4 Overlord new scenarios that come in the Equipment Pack. A 32 page Rules booklet and 25 Summary cards complement this pack. This expansion requires at least one copy of the Memoir ‘44 base game. Many of its expansions are required to enjoy most of the included scenarios. We highly recommend that, for visual accuracy, players at minimum own the Terrain Pack and the Winter/Desert board.

I haven't read any posts about this item and I didn't see it listed among the expansions. Is this new news? Old news? "You'll believe anything" news? Can anyone shed any light?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New and interesting news to me. You may have a scoop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please let this be true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome. I hope the Scenario Editor will be updated for the new pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New and Good news!!!

Sign me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have this if it's a real product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
My FLGS received this notice from their distributor and asked if I wanted to pre-order the upcoming Memoir:'44 "Equipment Pack."

How much $$$ were they asking for the pre-order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. I didn't ask and they didn't say. I can find out tomorrow. I hate to guess, but it seems to be as full of stuff as the old BattleLore. I'll hazard ~$80 retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put it on my BIROC-list. That's "buying it regardless of cost" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hristo Filipov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
I'll put it on my BIROC-list. That's "buying it regardless of cost" list.

Me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
A sensible addition to this Equipment Pack would be a second base board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
A sensible addition to this Equipment Pack would be a second base board.

True, but that would actually cause me to pause and reconsider my FOTWA (Funds Out The Window Automatically) purchase since I already have two base boards and two desert/winter boards. I really do not need another board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
On first blush its sounds great. But then I question if I really need most of that stuff. Many of the things mentioned (Finnish Ski Troops, Polish Cavalry; Flak-88’s, "Long Tom" Big Guns, M7 Priests; Elephants, Snipers; Mortars and Machine Guns, Kubelwagens) we already have badges for, which generally speaking, are good enough for me.

Some new things mentioned seem like they'd be fine with a badge, like the Funnies. I don't know what the "new beach landing equipment" would be unless its tractors like they used in the Pacific. Though I'd think they could be simulated with a new badge on a standard landing craft (or on a tank).

The stuff I really want isn't mentioned, Tigers and halftracks. Yeah, I know they published them earlier, but most are out of print. What they really ought to replace are those thrice damned US artillery pieces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Ward wrote:
On first blush its sounds great. But then I question if I really need most of that stuff. Many of the things mentioned (Finnish Ski Troops, Polish Cavalry; Flak-88’s, "Long Tom" Big Guns, M7 Priests; Elephants, Snipers; Mortars and Machine Guns, Kubelwagens) we already have badges for, which generally speaking, are good enough for me.

Some new things mentioned seem like they'd be fine with a badge, like the Funnies. I don't know what the "new beach landing equipment" would be unless its tractors like they used in the Pacific. Though I'd think they could be simulated with a new badge on a standard landing craft (or on a tank).

The stuff I really want isn't mentioned, Tigers and halftracks. Yeah, I know they published them earlier, but most are out of print. What they really ought to replace are those thrice damned US artillery pieces!

The German arty pieces are just as bad, but I've already replaced them with superior quality minis from the A&A collectable range.

I don't want to see any duplicate stuff in a 'new' expansion (either boards or minis)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this will be formally announced on June 6th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is true, they certainly could shut up and take my money. Though it would be nice to see an official announcement (if only for pictures of the new figures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:

Quote:
The Memoir '44 Equipment Pack is a major expansion to the Memoir ‘44 game system and fills a game box as big as the original board game. 186 plastic figures in total, the Equipment Pack includes: 108 figures from 4 WWII nations, including French Infantry, Finnish Ski Troops, Italian Artillery and Polish Cavalry; 24 new pieces of Artillery (Flak-88’s, “Long Tom” Big Guns, M7 Priests and “Screaming Meemies” Nebelwerfers); new Beach Landing equipment that includes 6 amazing Hobart’s Funnies, complete with accessories; 6 Snipers; and scores of new Armor, Vehicle and Special Weapon Assets, including some Elefant Tank Destroyers, Kübelwagen Command cars, and M2 Mortars and Machine Guns.

These figures can be deployed over many of the existing Memoir ‘44 scenarios and are also heavily featured in the 10 Standard, 2 Breakthrough and 4 Overlord new scenarios that come in the Equipment Pack. A 32 page Rules booklet and 25 Summary cards complement this pack. This expansion requires at least one copy of the Memoir ‘44 base game. Many of its expansions are required to enjoy most of the included scenarios. We highly recommend that, for visual accuracy, players at minimum own the Terrain Pack and the Winter/Desert board.

Isn't this two months too late? It's not April the 1st today!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS contact is one of my gaming buddies. I told him to put me down for two without even thinking! If it's a joke, it's one of their most elaborate—and a good one on me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome!! My only question is, will it be out in time for my birthday or xmas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why just Italian artillery, and no tanks or infantry??

4 Overlords!! Sweet!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Soukup
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
How much $$$ were they asking for the pre-order?

I am not certain about the FLGS of the OP, but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has it up for $xx.xx: This is the only OLGS I have found with the preorder thus far.

I have just noticed that the OLGS I referenced does not have the item available for pre-order any longer. I am not certain why, though I suspect it may be due to DoW not officially announcing the expansion yet. I have edited my original post to remove the OLGS and the initial pre-order price in fairness to DoW and the OLGS.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paletti
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant buy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.