United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
June 9, Get Outdoors Day

; September 29, National Public Lands Day

; and November 10 to 12, Veterans Day weekend

Which brings up a whole other issue I need to thread: best places to play wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to check the NPS website. Many parks and sites do not charge any admission fees. From the par's home page look to the right of the park description. There will be a link for fees and reservations. For example Yellowstone charges a fee but Great Smoky Mountains does not. As a general rule many of the larger parks charge and the smaller ones do not but there are exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have a realistic lifetime goal of visiting all 58 National Parks and an unrealistic lifetime goal of visiting all 397 units of the National Park System (which includes National Monuments, Preserves, Historic Parks, Historic Sites, Battlefields, Battlefield Parks, Military Parks, Memorials, Recreation Areas, Seashores, Lakeshores, Rivers, Reserves, Parkways, Historic and Scenic Trails, and Cemeteries).

The $80 Annual National Park Pass is a great deal, you never have to worry about admission fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
My wife and I have a realistic lifetime goal of visiting all 58 National Parks and an unrealistic lifetime goal of visiting all 397 units of the National Park System (which includes National Monuments, Preserves, Historic Parks, Historic Sites, Battlefields, Battlefield Parks, Military Parks, Memorials, Recreation Areas, Seashores, Lakeshores, Rivers, Reserves, Parkways, Historic and Scenic Trails, and Cemeteries).

The $80 Annual National Park Pass is a great deal, you never have to worry about admission fees.

My wife and I have the same realistic goal (we know better than to try the 397...Guam? Yeah, good luck with that one). We are knocking off #28, 29, and 30 this fall. Woo Hoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only at 18 so far, but we'll probably at least get #19 this summer (Great Sand Dunes) and maybe #20 and #21 (Badlands and Wind Cave).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the free days. Pay full price. Stop saying taxes are evil.

Tell your elected representatives to fund the national park service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Forget the free days. Pay full price. Stop saying taxes are evil.
Tell your elected representatives to fund the national park service.

Worse still is the vast numbers of ultra-rich for whom they wouldn't even notice the price to restore & protect all the land, equipment, architecture, film, art, etc. of history are dropping it on splattered paint canvases & cow bits in formaldehyde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas National Park and learning to snorkel in the reefs surrounding it personally ranks in a tie with seeing the Waterloo battlefield in person as best. vacation. ever. Largest masonry structure in this hemisphere, donchaknow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.