United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had Play and Print games make me a copy of this, which arrived last week. I finally got some guys to come over and try it out, explaining the rules, etc. with ease. We were oohing and aahing at the art. However, about 3 turns into the game it became very apparent that you had to be one luck s.o.b. when rolling to control a hex. So much, that it felt a bit arbitrary.

Am I missing something here? I know you can take the neuroconsole dealies to improve your odds, but even still, with how cool the cards are, etc, is this really all there is to the game? No better way to mitigate the rolling, to adjust it, etc.? I get that the variable yield is low, but even still, some turns were just totally wasted for players that didn't hit the luck in stride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some information blocks are easier to hack, and some are harder. There are some blocks that are laughably easy to hack, but when somebody has already taken control it becomes a gamble for your life. In my group, everybody got a Familiar out as soon as possible, because that statistically improves your chance to at least 1 out of 3 to have a successful hacking attempt. If you then aim for an "easy" block, there is little chance for you to fail even. Of course, the more interesting blocks are harder. After I got the A.I., Icebreaking was a piece of cake for me, so the others started targetting me and I had to get defense...

There is quite some amount of luck in this game, with the card drawing and the dice rolling, so your experience might vary in the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question? When someone controls a block, does the black dice on their control counter count as black ice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
Question? When someone controls a block, does the black dice on their control counter count as black ice?

Yes. As soon as someone controls a block, their control counter replaces the block's normal ice difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a link for this "Play and Print Games"? If their prices are reasonable, I might ask them to make me a copy too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email dude at: printplaygames@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.