Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like RoboRally better -- it's much more of a game (my favorite, in fact) than Ricochet Robots which seems more like a puzzle. They are both excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Roborally much much better.

Roborally is a good game to play when you have a large number of people as it plays with up to eight. It's quite chaotic in that however well you plan your moves, the interference from other players will throw a monkey wrench into your plans. Robots crash into walls, get hit by lasers and fall into pits. It's all good fun since everyone gets screwed equally. I have one house rule in order to control the amount of time spent on a game. Whatever map I'm playing, I only set two flags. That keeps the play time to about 1 1/2 hours, which is just the right amount of time for a game like this. With three or more flags, it gets to be too long.

Ricoche Robots is a frustrating game for me. You have to figure out how many moves it takes to get to the goal and be able to do it in the least number of possible moves. It's basically a puzzle. I don't like puzzles much, so the one time I played this, I gave up after 3 or 4 rounds. It's more of a puzzle than a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The upcoming Mutant Meeples looks sort of like Ricochet Robots but more of a game rather than a puzzle.

For some detailed info check out this blog post: Designer Diary: Mutant Meeples – Inspired By, But Quite Different From Ricochet Robots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love them both. Ricochet Robots gets the win for me because it's easy to explain, plays any number of people (up to the entire room) moves quickly, and is immensely rewarding (and has 0 luck, if that's your thing).

However, it should be noted that they are VERY different games. Two games couldn't be more different. The theme is the only thing even remotely related to the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.