David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 6 player game variant some have said that there would be to much crowding with the dice for the advisors. What if instead everyone roles one d10 + one d8? You'd have less dice on the board and the dice could still add up to 18 like the 3 d6's. Haven't tried it. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
I personaly believe that the game is at its best with up to 4 players, with five taking too long already as it is.
However, concerning the 1d10 + 1d8 variant, i guess it could be tested with any number of players. Just keep in mind that a 3d6 game will revolve more around the mid numbers (10, 11), with the high numbers being less frequent then then will with the variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With only two dice players will get less resources. In the regular game players will use all three dice for one adviser, but sometimes they are split into 2 and 1 or not too uncommon three singles. The 2 and 1 split can net a player three resources and possibly four with a +2 token and Market. Add in the white die for more riches. 6 players probably mean less resources for everyone anyway, but I expect a poor economic game with this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.