Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Where Eagles Dare» Forums » General

Subject: 6 Player TDC/WED combo game!! pics inside rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6f82c/16942


TDC+WED at the 4ème Zouave Convention near Paris
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun time -- thanks for the pics! What beautiful games -- they deserve to be out on the tables and connected. Not cooped up in stuffy boxes...

BTW, noticed on CSW forum that the map for Adam's D-Day project is progressing. Anyone know the name and ETA? Is this another GTS project?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jpr755 wrote:
Looks like a fun time -- thanks for the pics! What beautiful games -- they deserve to be out on the tables and connected. Not cooped up in stuffy boxes...

BTW, noticed on CSW forum that the map for Adam's D-Day project is progressing. Anyone know the name and ETA? Is this another GTS project?


Yes, the next set of games will be another grand opus treating Overlord. The first game is called, The Greatest Day: The British Beaches (TBB). It is set for release Jan-2013.

There is yet another set of games for the GTS system treating the Kursk battle.

Adam reports that TBB will include some rules overhauls, in particular for assaults, and new rules for infantry heavy weapons that will require counter changes. The rules changes will be retrofittable to TDC and WED and any new and errata counters for NQOS, TDC and WED will be included in TBB as well as a Special Operations issue for those not planning on picking up the new game.
.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its nice to see a D-Day game seriesthat doesnt start off with Omaha for once .

Ill get TBB fer sure!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd be very nervous about setting up TDC and WED without using plexiglass.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

I'd be very nervous about setting up TDC and WED without using plexiglass.


Sincerely, I'm curious, why? I know how plexiglass keeps the map flat but why would you be "nervous" about not using it? Is there some other advantage to using plexiglass that I'm not aware of?
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

I'd be very nervous about setting up TDC and WED without using plexiglass.


Sincerely, I'm curious, why? I know how plexiglass keeps the map flat but why would you be "nervous" about not using it? Is there some other advantage to using plexiglass that I'm not aware of?
.


Cats. Rug rats. Mysterious indoor breezes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indoor breezes, hehehe stay off the chili!

Im more paranoid about drink spillage TBH
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, beverage spillage would be my nightmare.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.