Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a card game.

My group likes Dominion, San Juan, 7 Wonders, Race for the galaxy ect.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Baker
United States
Elmira
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Don't touch me there!!! Now I need a tongue bath.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eminent Domain also has the role selection that is similar to San Juan, Race for the Galaxy, and Glory to Rome. I also enjoy the theme in Nightfall and Thunderstone and the humor in Penny Arcade: The Game, Gamers vs. Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of good card games out there. It depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a short, competitive game, like the ones you've mentioned? What player count are you looking for?

Assuming you want a competitive game:

For 2 player games I'd suggest Omen: A Reign of War, Yomi, and BattleCON: War of Indines.

For 2-4 players I'd suggest Eminent Domain and Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game.

For 2-5 players I'd second Glory to Rome and add Core Worlds.

I see you don't like Innovation or Ascension: Deckbuilding Game, so I'm not sure whether you would like Eaten by Zombies!, Penny Arcade: The Game – Gamers vs. Evil, or GOSU. Mage Knight Board Game is pretty heavy compared to the card games you've mentioned, but that is a lot of fun as well.

If you want to play cooperative games, I'd suggest Sentinels of the Multiverse and The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. LotR doesn't scale the best, but it is very good with 2. Sentinels of the Multiverse needs to be scaled by hand, but it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
I feel like suggesting London. Yeah, it's got a board and player pieces to go on the board, but it's a card game at heart.

On the lighter side:
The Red Dragon Inn is great, silly fun.
Railways of the World: The Card Game, route-building with cards.
Parade, light filler for up to six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Aguirre
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Try the new Pirate Card game "Raiding Parties". Quick and easy to learn, each game lasts about 15-25 minutes. Can be played between two players or multi-players. Go to raidingparties.com to find out more about this game by Nick Pace. Lots of fun and unlike other card games no packs to keep buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uruk: Wiege der Zivilisation is one you should look at. Saint Petersburg may work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.