Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dark Souls» Forums » General

Subject: Dark Souls DLC Artorias Of The Abyss Coming To Consoles This Winter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally some news on the DLC!

Quote:
Dark Souls DLC Artorias Of The Abyss Coming To Consoles This Winter
Author: Pete Haaspublished: 2012-06-02 01:01:51

Xbox 360 and PS3 owners will soon have a reason to take Dark Souls off the shelf. Namco will be releasing the "Artorias of the Abyss" DLC pack this winter on consoles.

"Artorias" adds a new chapter to the game's campaign. A darkness in the forests of Ooolacile is threatening to swallow up the entire kingdom and it falls to the players to stop this menace. The new content features fresh areas, enemies, and items. Catch a glimpse of them in the screenshots below.

This DLC pack also includes more accessible form of player-versus-player content. A new matchmaking system will quickly find other competitors for 1v1, 2v2, and four-player free-for-alls. This bonus PvP feature should help you justify Artorias's $14.99 (1200 MS Points) price.

This new content won't be sold to PC gamers. Instead, they'll get it for no charge when the game hits that platform. The PC version, dubbed Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, is due on August 24th. It'll be available through Steam and Games for Windows - LIVE.

Yes, that's right - the PC will be getting the DLC before consoles. That's a switch. I guess it's Namco's way of compensating PC gamers for the long wait they've had to endure to get Dark Souls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see some images here, if you don't want to keep it a surprise:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/01/dark-souls-artorias-of-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Souls of Artorias is here!

Quote:
An expansion pack to the brutal action blockbuster, Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss gives players a previously untold chapter in the world of Lordran. Artorias of the Abyss includes all-new areas to explore, enemies to encounter, and bosses to take down one by one as players are treated to an unseen side of Lordan where players must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias.

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss includes sprawling new maps and environments, new boss characters, enemies, non-player characters (NPCs), an arsenal of new weapons and armor and additional challenging content for stalwart heroes to face as they return to the deadly world of Lordran. The expansion also offers an online match-making feature that creates one vs.one, two vs. two and four-player battle royale scenarios, allowing gamers to showcase their skills against other Dark Souls players around the world.

Release Date: October 23, 2012
MSRP: 14.99 USD
M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Violence
Genre: Action
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Developer: FromSoftware
0 Edits

I'm in the middle of Dungeon Seige III - but then I'm diving into Artorias!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing Dark Souls again to see the new content. The other night, after I finished the game, I realized that I had forgotten to go to the new areas. So I rushed through enough of NG+ to reach that point, and now I'm there.

The "I'm sorry" carving is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.