Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Barton
Australia
Gungahlin
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How does the Mutants red mission power work? 'If u control the Fallout territory and all Bio-hazard scars u get a red star token.'

Does this happen at the end of every mutant turn or is it treated like a mission card: a one-time use and u cant lose that token once u got it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Barton
Australia
Gungahlin
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whoah! So the mutants can claim a red star token EVERY turn as long as they have all bio-hazard territories & the Fallout Zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It can only be claimed once per game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobDaviau wrote:

+1. Even if worked that way, considering how far apart these territories are likely to be (and are on our board), if they actually COULD hold them for a full turn they'd probably deserve the extra star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
RobDaviau wrote:

+1.

LOL. When RobDaviau answers a question, it doesn't need a testimonial +1. His answers are +infinity to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the rulebook specifically says that a completed and claimed mission is discarded back to the box (of course, unless the card specifically says otheripriprip).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Collins
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
RedShark92 wrote:
RobDaviau wrote:

+1. Even if worked that way, considering how far apart these territories are likely to be (and are on our board), if they actually COULD hold them for a full turn they'd probably deserve the extra star.

So far the mutants in our game have won 4/5 games (different player each time) when the fallout happened it happened adjacent to two bio-hazards that were already on the board. the third, we placed later on the oposite side, but the mutants get that just about every game they are involved in lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Barton
Australia
Gungahlin
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanx guys! After I posted the 2nd question, that nite we had a game and got to open the World Capital envelope which then clarified the private missions rules for me!
Although our mutants can't ever achieve theirs because we only have 3 Scars left of the Bio-hazard variety and we always play with 5 people. tough luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hael
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
fan_I_am wrote:
Thanx guys! After I posted the 2nd question, that nite we had a game and got to open the World Capital envelope which then clarified the private missions rules for me!
Although our mutants can't ever achieve theirs because we only have 3 Scars left of the Bio-hazard variety and we always play with 5 people. tough luck

Actually, if the Biohazard scars are not on the board wouldn't this mean that the Mutants fulfill the mission as soon as they take the fallout zone? We have the same situation on our board and have been giving the mutants a red star when they capture the fallout zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hael
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
CapNClassic wrote:
fan_I_am wrote:
How does the Mutants red mission power work? 'If u control the Fallout territory and all Bio-hazard scars u get a red star token.'

Does this happen at the end of every mutant turn or is it treated like a mission card: a one-time use and u cant lose that token once u got it?
The Red Mission is a private mission. It can be completed once per game at the end of any turn which the Mutants control all Biohazards (minimum of 1) on the map, and the fallout zone. A resource card cannot be claimed on the same turn as a Private Mission, and only one mission can be claimed per turn.

What makes you think it is a minimum of 1? I would think it means either the mutants must control the Fallout territory and all Bio-hazard scars [on the board], or it means they have to control everything and if they are not all on the board it can't be accomplished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hael
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Michael.
I presume that Rob had something to do with the design of the game?

It would have been very helpful if the rules stated this clearly. The rules state ALL for bio-hazards which can either mean literally ALL (thus if ALL are not on the board the mission can't be accomplished) or it can mean ALL of the bio-hazards [on the board] (thus if none are on the board you only need the Fallout zone. In no way does the wording imply minimally one. It's disappointing to find out that you've been playing the game wrong because of poorly worded rules.

Unfortuately there are a number of very basic english language discrepancies in the rules that cause unecessary confusion. I wonder if they were originally written in another language?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob Daviau is the credited designer of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
there are a few ambiguities, but the rules were originally written in english. I've heard the German translation is worse...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If I cancel a biohazard scar after winning a game am I permanently damaging the chance of the Mutants fufilling their private mission or am I making it easier for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
But on the faction card it says control ALL bio hazards. Now I understand if only one was dealt out so there's a minimum of one. But if lets say all 3 are on the board, then all 3 bio hazards get cancelled, so does that mean all the Mutant's have to do is start in the FZ and get a token? I think if you cancel a bio hazard that's been placed on the board I think you cancel the Mutant's private mission for the rest of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyRaven84 wrote:
But on the faction card it says control ALL bio hazards. Now I understand if only one was dealt out so there's a minimum of one. But if lets say all 3 are on the board, then all 3 bio hazards get cancelled, so does that mean all the Mutant's have to do is start in the FZ and get a token? I think if you cancel a bio hazard that's been placed on the board I think you cancel the Mutant's private mission for the rest of the games.

Rob, the designer, has specifically answered this in several places (including one linked earlier this thread). You must control all biohazards, and that all must comprise at least one. You cannot have 'all' 0 of 0 - so if there exist 0 biohazards the Mutants cannot complete that mission. If there exist 1, 2, or 3, the mission in completed by controlling all of those that exist (plus FZ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The reason I'm asking is because my other members think that if you cancel all biohazards all the mutant needs to do is control the FZ which I disagreed with. So last writer are you agreeing with me that if I cancel one of the scars (so 2 are left on the board if all 3 were placed) the Mutants cannot fufilling their private mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
No. If there were three on the board but one got cancelled, there are now two on the board. And the mission can get completed by controlling FZ plus all biohazards on the board, and 'all' is now 2.

But if you cancel *all* biohazards (such that there are now zero on the board), then the mutant cannot complete the mission. Controlling FZ alone doesn't do it, it must control all existing biohazards and that number must be greater than zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
I only recall there being TWO scar cancellation stickers..... So this 0 of 0 scenario would be hard to come by unless some had yet to be placed....

But I could be remembering that wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There's three scar cancellations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey guys what's the difference between a conquer mspissiom and a control mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mission*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conquer requires you to take control from another player. Control just requires you to have it, it doesn't matter how you came to have it.

you know you can edit your posts to remove typos right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kayode
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
LooL, I'm new to this forum. Thanks anyway. Yh I get you so conquering missions is genuinely harder than control missions because you can expand into those areas and as soon as you get it you control it, ok I get it. Thanx again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. They're probably balanced with that in mind though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.