1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Zombie Eleven! - A P11 where the dead won't keep quiet ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
An off-the-wall P11 / not-so-low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction.

Priest- Will be given a night order of "View Dead Player" and will be informed to the full role of said player. Alternatively, the Priest may inform the moderator that he would just like to monitor dusk or dawn, and he will be informed to the deaths that occur at that specific time. Specifically, the Priest will be informed of one of the following (if they are not killed):
The identity of one dead person
The identity of the current night kill (if the order is on N1, will be informed of N1's NK identity)
The identity of the next lynch (if the order is on N1, will be informed of D2's lynch identity)

4 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. The first wolf killed is brutal and must kill another player if lynched. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly.

Notice - both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first one that is used is the one that will be implemented. Yes, this means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer is NOT a cultist in this version of the P11. The sorcerer still wins with the wolves, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player and find out that player's exact role (to include if they are a werewolf). He gets a random N0 view of either a villager or a werewolf.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Draw - If everyone dies, then I win and all players end in a draw.

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The first Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is on that Werewolf, there is no other death.
The Brutal Hunter's Retaliate Order will not be implemented if the target is either the Priest or the Seer.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random. In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is lynched and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 6:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Roles will NOT be revealed on death (No Role Reveal).

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 7:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

Important changes for this game:

1. Players will be encouraged to keep posting in the thread after they have been killed in-game. They will no longer be able to vote, but they can still have an opinion and offer ideas.
2. The Sorcerer is now a Power Seer, instead of getting the standard 'View for Seer' ability.
3. The Sorcerer will not be informed who the Werewolves are before the game.
4. The Sorcerer will be added to wolf chat upon death. Neither wolf nor sorcerer will be removed from wolf chat, even if they die.
5. There is no role reveal upon death in this game - in any sense. Nothing announced in thread, no spoiler access prior to game conclusion.
6. There is a Priest in this P11. His role is flexible - see above.
7. When players die, their abilities cease - Seer, Sorcerer, Priest Views will no longer function. This includes if they are NK'd - they will not be given the result of their View order.
8. The Brutal Hunter's Retaliate Order will not be implemented if the target is either the Martyr or the Seer.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 6:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 7:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
ChickenSedan
Dispaminite
nswoll
precis_neumann
redshark92
rgatti
StatSig
Taquelli
Violintides
Vovix
yiatzi

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8111...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. A couple of questions for clarification:

linguistfromhell wrote:
Priest- Will be given a night order of "View Dead Player" and will be informed to the full role of said player. Alternatively, the Priest may inform the moderator that he would just like to monitor dusk or dawn, and he will be informed to the deaths that occur at that specific time.

The monitoring of dusk/dawn: is that a one-time notification, or once declared, does it stay that way for the rest of the game?

Also, monitoring dawn--does that mean that the priest gets the role of the NK instantaneously? If monitoring dusk, when does the priest get the role?

linguistfromhell wrote:
7. The Brutal Hunter's Retaliate Order will not be implemented if the target is either the Martyr or the Seer.

But will work if the target is the priest, right?

What is the order of the night actions? Specifically, do the views happen before or after the NK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Clock! Thanks for the interest.

clockworkd wrote:
Interesting. A couple of questions for clarification:

linguistfromhell wrote:
Priest- Will be given a night order of "View Dead Player" and will be informed to the full role of said player. Alternatively, the Priest may inform the moderator that he would just like to monitor dusk or dawn, and he will be informed to the deaths that occur at that specific time.

The monitoring of dusk/dawn: is that a one-time notification, or once declared, does it stay that way for the rest of the game?

Also, monitoring dawn--does that mean that the priest gets the role of the NK instantaneously? If monitoring dusk, when does the priest get the role?

The Priest chooses each night what death he wants to investigate. The current night's night kill, the next day's lynch, or someone who died a while ago.

clockworkd wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
7. The Brutal Hunter's Retaliate Order will not be implemented if the target is either the Martyr or the Seer.

But will work if the target is the priest, right?

That was the original intent.

clockworkd wrote:
What is the order of the night actions? Specifically, do the views happen before or after the NK?

You do not get a view result if you do not survive the night. Consider the following.
Seer has to claim on D2. This means that he already has 2 views (n0, n1). If the Martyr is still alive, that means the Seer will get N2's view. AND, because he is allowed to talk after death, that means that even if he is the next night's kill, the village will still get N3's view result. I think that's too powerful.
1. Identify who you want to view.
2. Someone is night killed.
3. If the 'viewer' is not night killed, they get their view result.
Note that this applies to the Seer, the Priest, AND the Sorcerer.

By the way, as an aside, I'd like to thank rgatti for helping me turn this from a jumbled idea into a coherent game roleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
You do not get a view result if you do not survive the night. Consider the following.
Seer has to claim on D2. This means that he already has 2 views (n0, n1). If the Martyr is still alive, that means the Seer will get N2's view. AND, because he is allowed to talk after death, that means that even if he is the next night's kill, the village will still get N3's view result. I think that's too powerful.

Makes sense.

Can the seer & sorcerer view dead people (intentionally or if they were NKed the same night)?

Hmm, sorcerer has 1/3rd chance of getting a wolf N0 vs. 2/3rd chance of a villager? Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
clockworkd wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

Makes sense.

Can the seer & sorcerer view dead people (intentionally or if they were NKed the same night)?

I would say that the seer / sorcerer can only view dead people if they were alive when the order was set, ie. the person that was just night killed. Otherwise, no.

clockworkd wrote:
Hmm, sorcerer has 1/3rd chance of getting a wolf N0 vs. 2/3rd chance of a villager? Interesting.

Information is going to be vital in this game. With the sorcerer's power seer ability and his joining wolf chat when he dies, he will be very useful - but if he's going to start with knowing the wolves, that's too much info. So, remove cultist, but give him 'power seer' abilities to be able to identify the wolves. ... sorry if this answer isn't very clear, I literally woke up 20-some minutes ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would've signed up anyway, because the roleset sounds interesting (though I usually dislike no-reveals, with the zombie-posting I think it'll be less helpless-feeling to me), but the no-drama caveat sold me for sure. I'd love a game without personal attacks after the last couple I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up, but it's highly likely that I'll only be posting from about 9PM to 3AM (so, I'll definitely miss lynch every day). If players have a problem with this, I'll drop before the game starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So you'll be a "zombie", even before you die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Gardner
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess dead players don't get spoilers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Sandlewood99 wrote:
So I guess dead players don't get spoilers

Sandle! Long time, no see!

You are correct. There will NOT be any spoilers available during this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest making the wolf brutal "random non-wolf" rather than "random" if an order isn't in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
nswoll wrote:
I suggest making the wolf brutal "random non-wolf" rather than "random" if an order isn't in place.

It's never come up, so I hadn't considered being that specific in the rules. That _is_ the way it would be run if the situation came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to my modkil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Dispaminite wrote:

For what? Talking after you die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! I like this. Are dead players required to use zombie emotes whenever they talk?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

For what? Talking after you die?

I plan to be aggressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I just signed up.

Sounds like there is no need for seer to hint views?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
I just signed up.

Yes and no. If the Priest is alive and can verify the zombie-Seer, sure. But if the Priest is dead, you may want to hint your views to provide validity to a post-mortem claim, since you could just as easily be an Evil claiming after death just to screw with people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Taquelli wrote:
Woo! I like this. Are dead players required to use zombie emotes whenever they talk?

Is there a requirement? No. An option? Certainly. The "currently alive" players will be listed in every vote tally, so the dead players won't have to remind people with every post.

But feel free to throw in some flavor if you want ...

ChickenSedan wrote:
I just signed up.

That is viewer's choice.

Remember that with no role reveal, anyone can die and give claims, so there may still be reasons to hint. Just, those reasons now might be more to back up your claim than to leave a 'safe' trail.

Also, rule twist. I will be giving the wolves the option of 'first dead = brutal' or 'dedicated brutal werewolf' on D1. I will reveal their decision prior to D1 lynch.

With the standard P11, the first dead rule helps Team Evil, but they might want the FUD factor. Regardless, the rule will be set in concrete while the metavoting is still ongoing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
LOL. Yeah, what Stat said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely signing up. Looks interesting,with a lynch time I can make and not a lot of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
yiatzi wrote:
*shrug*

LOL. Don't sound so enthused, yiatzi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.