B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this is probably more of a question about FFG in general, but what official formats exist for current FFG LCGs?

In other words, is there something analagous to "Friday Night Magic"?

Are there guidelines for what would be needed to coordinate 'league play'?

Anything is useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a bit of digging on FFG's website, I read the tourney rules for the other LCGs that have tourneys.

It looks like, in general, it's Swiss style tournaments with some form of scoring (dependant upon the game).

I'm hoping that FFG launches sanctioned tournaments when A:N goes live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I know I plan on organizing some kind of semi-regular local tourney environment for A:Netrunner.

There has already been some interest locally here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would either of you be interested in starting a thread or geeklist how-to on running tourneys or demo's? I live near cool stuff south and i think i have some interest there already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have league kits
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3011

Although the most recent kits were pretty lackluster. Pretty much what you can expect is no more than what a volunteer at your FLGS is willing to setup. Some stuff like the league kits or some similar prize support for a regional if your store is chosen, they don't keep rankings or track tournament results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
They have league kits
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3011

Although the most recent kits were pretty lackluster. Pretty much what you can expect is no more than what a volunteer at your FLGS is willing to setup. Some stuff like the league kits or some similar prize support for a regional if your store is chosen, they don't keep rankings or track tournament results.

So there isn't some form of 'national ranking' or 'finals convention'?

Just what is organized locally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are regional tournaments, and there is almost always a world championship tournament at GenCon. I believe that winning a regional gets you a bye in the first round at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
There are regional tournaments, and there is almost always a world championship tournament at GenCon. I believe that winning a regional gets you a bye in the first round at GenCon.

So who organizes the regionals? is that FFG driven or volunteer?

Is there a critical mass for such a tournament?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I believe it's mostly volunteer driven - an individual store can apply to FFG to be considered the "official" regional, and there's a pretty good community of people who will travel to the nearest one (or even several) to play.

This is mostly my experience with AGoT, I can't speak to the way the other LCG tournament scenes go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't a world championship, they have those every year at GenCon (although this year I think they are planning on calling the gencon champ the North American champ and then having a world champ at their event center in MN in November, at least for GoT). And they do keep track of who wins regionals because they get a buy in the first round of the tournament at GenCon. But other than that it is pretty much an open field. They don't have invitationals or give anyone a ranking beyond this person won some major tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.