Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Tanto Cuore: Expanding the House» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions regarding Estates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Lee
msg tools
Hello, I've picked up this game recently and I'm having fun playing it with some friends. Everything is fine however I do have some questions regarding Estates and their effects.

1. The Estate card states that it "Can only be bought with an available Chambermaid Chief on hand to occupy". So then that means that it can only be bought when there's an available chambermaid chief on hand, but I was wondering if it's possible to also use the chambermaid chiefs in my Private Quarters when buying a Estate even though I don't have a chambermaid chiefs on my current hand.

2. Whenever I buy an estate and then, for example, used a Claudine chambermaid chief card to occupy the Estate does she loses all of her VP points? I know that she cannot be targeted by events unless a card effect removes the Estate from my Private Quarters and then she is put back into the discard pile.

Many thanks in advance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My understadning is:

1. No. It must be in your hand to be avaailable for use gaining an estate.

2. No, she is still scoring points.

no authority to back this, just my understadning of the rules.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
Avatar
mbmb
What Julian-san said.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Estates can be used with both maid chiefs and chambermaid chiefs, but in both cases they have to be in your hand to allow you to buy one.

The one catch to the VP issue is if you place Beatrice (the chambermaid chief from Romantic Vacation) under an estate. She only generates VP if she is chambermaided, and placing a maid under an estate does not count as being chambermaided. Using her for an estate would be the same as having her in your deck at game end, 0 VP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Echoing Matt Martin.

The maid chief has to be in your hand when you buy the Estate. You can not take a chambermaided maid instead.

A maid is ALWAYS worth her VP no matter where she is, the only exception is when she's made Ill. However, as Matt Martin noted, taking care of an Estate does NOT count as being chambermaided, hence the Estated maid chiefs will not gather any chambermaid bonus or effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Tirico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most optimized use I found with the Estate involves Colette from the basic Tanto Cuore.

Instead of wasting 2 actions to get her out of my deck, I can buy one Estate, place her under it (thus protecting her from Events), clean my deck and gain 2 VP!laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kobayashi.issa wrote:
The most optimized use I found with the Estate involves Colette from the basic Tanto Cuore.

Instead of wasting 2 actions to get her out of my deck, I can buy one Estate, place her under it (thus protecting her from Events), clean my deck and gain 2 VP!laugh


Estates are also a great way to get rid of the high costs maid chiefs that do nothing out of your deck, keeping them from clogging your hand, and protecting them from being pilfered by a certain Shrine Maiden...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rolvtd wrote:
kobayashi.issa wrote:
The most optimized use I found with the Estate involves Colette from the basic Tanto Cuore.

Instead of wasting 2 actions to get her out of my deck, I can buy one Estate, place her under it (thus protecting her from Events), clean my deck and gain 2 VP!laugh


Estates are also a great way to get rid of the high costs maid chiefs that do nothing out of your deck, keeping them from clogging your hand, and protecting them from being pilfered by a certain Shrine Maiden...


You lost me there… what Shrine Maiden?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
rolvtd wrote:
kobayashi.issa wrote:
The most optimized use I found with the Estate involves Colette from the basic Tanto Cuore.

Instead of wasting 2 actions to get her out of my deck, I can buy one Estate, place her under it (thus protecting her from Events), clean my deck and gain 2 VP!laugh


Estates are also a great way to get rid of the high costs maid chiefs that do nothing out of your deck, keeping them from clogging your hand, and protecting them from being pilfered by a certain Shrine Maiden...


You lost me there… what Shrine Maiden?


Never mind. Got Silk and Eugenie mixed up.

Anyway, I've had my Marianne pilfered by Eugenie so many times, I was so happy when Estates were out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.