Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm prepping to play the classic version and a question arose (8 pages of rules and I'm still able to get stuck.....)

The rules states that the player indicates "which of his units will fire at which opposing units", but the example of play on page C4 implies that the attacker merely indicates which of his units will attack certain opposing hexes (not selecting the units till the assault subphase).

Given the peculiar combat rules this actually makes a difference, or I'm over-reading?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlo,

I would use the rule as the example states, when allocating combats only select the attacking hexes and defending hexes. This is spelled out in the Deluxe edition as hexes, not units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

Thanks Skip, sounds like a plan, and I prefer that way too, it's simpler and more tactically sound.

Thanks for the hint on the deluxe rules, I didn't look at them, are they worthwhile?

Thaks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem better thought out. They do appear to be longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

I bought the game because the classic edition, a design I read about in the past in laudatory terms; I like the simple supply rules and the little touches of chrome and I was afraid that the deluxe rules complicates a perfect design, maybe I'll give them a try afeter this game.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proudly annoying Capitalists since 1959
Cuba
Santa Clara
flag msg tools
badge
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
mbmbmbmbmb
Try and read the deluxe rules. I feel as if they create a better game (including the deluxe map).

You could if you'd like still shuffle with the counters (units have different strenghts in classic or deluxe).

And I would indeed read it as "hexes" as in de deluxe rules is states that at the commitment phase you only designate hexes.

Cheers, Haring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

I'll surely read them after we play the classic edition; I'm quite interested in korea games, there's a glooming sense of desperation and futility not found in WWII.

By the way, there is anything about the Gloster at the Imjin river?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.