Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Mark Walker (the game publisher/designer on Consimworld:

"Heroes of the Pacific is similar. It has many more orders than RFOD, but really not enough. Honestly, we're just tired of printing games with "almost enough" orders, and then living with a knot in our stomach for the next three months as we pray we get enough post-release orders to pay the printers, designers, and artists. I understand that I'm preaching to the choir. Most of you have placed a pre-order, but I'm explaining the what and why of waiting for RFOD and HOP."

So I guess the simple answer is, if you want this game and haven't preordered yet, get to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TeufelHund wrote:
According to Mark Walker (the game publisher/designer on Consimworld:

"Heroes of the Pacific is similar. It has many more orders than RFOD, but really not enough. Honestly, we're just tired of printing games with "almost enough" orders, and then living with a knot in our stomach for the next three months as we pray we get enough post-release orders to pay the printers, designers, and artists. I understand that I'm preaching to the choir. Most of you have placed a pre-order, but I'm explaining the what and why of waiting for RFOD and HOP."

So I guess the simple answer is, if you want this game and haven't preordered yet, get to it.

Hi Peter,
i agree with you.
i preordered HOP immediatly and it is one of my most awaited games...
I love LnL game system (compared to ASL one) and i think it should have more advertising to be better known on the web.

bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people who pre-order are probably already familiar with, or own, other LNLP products and "get" the P-500 process. But for those who are not, I would add that pre-ordering with LNLP is safe and secure. You are not speculating that the game will be produced, so you are not risking any money, and you are not charged until the game is ready to go to production. Your pre-order funds production. Also, pre-ordering with a distributor does NOT contribute to the game's production costs, so has no effect on the game getting produced. Finally, pre-ordering has a healthy discount. Hell, the game + shipping cost less than I pay for a tank of gas for my economy car ($56)

One last thing. This HOP forum was started nearly a year ago. It takes a while for pre-orders to build in this niche hobby (and yes, this method of raising money sucks and the companies will say that up front). On the other hand, this particular small company has been very busy putting out a myriad of products recently, so a delay here is not a sign of weakness or neglect, its a sign the company is doing well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Danison
United States
Cape Canaveral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered today. Thanks for the reminder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who could resist this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just pre-ordered !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lure of the Pacific is irresistible!wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone know how many more are needed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest picture shows the new toned down Japanese Morale factors ("5" instead of "7" for squads). This is explained in a Line of Fire article. First off, for the uninitiated, Morale is not just used for, um, Morale checks, it is also use to determine damage taken by a unit. The higher the Morale, the harder it is to inflict casualties. A "7" Morale is nigh on invulnerable. Instead, IJA squads are more vulnerable with a "5" but are similar to Somali's in A Day of Heroes in that they wont be Shaken, they will take a step loss instead. So, they can continue to function after taking damage. Unlike Somali's, the IJA counters will have more steps, so they have a second counter to reflect the first two step losses. In addition, a Japanese squad's Morale improves with step losses as only the most zealous continue to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
'course when I see this post and decide 'OK, I'll preorder!' the website is down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From LNLP Facebook:

Serious storms in Virginia last night. We are without power, no estimation of when we'll get it back. Everything is at a standstill.

It's up now when I checked just now.

http://www.locknloadgame.com/Section_Cat_Content_Detail.asp?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
From LNLP Facebook:

Serious storms in Virginia last night. We are without power, no estimation of when we'll get it back. Everything is at a standstill.

It's up now when I checked just now.

http://www.locknloadgame.com/Section_Cat_Content_Detail.asp?...

Ahh! I don't have a facebook, didn't even think to check there Off to the preorder page we go!

Annnnnnd done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pitts
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just ordered BoH and NOSB - but I really wanted something in the PTO, so will watch this with interest.

Incidentally, if CoH had their Guadalcanal game out now I might well have opted for their system over LnL (although they are also missing the ETO).

Coverage of the main theatres is probably going to be a decision factor for a lot of potential buyers, so getting HotP out sooner rather than later could be a really good move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nzgunner wrote:
I've just ordered BoH and NOSB - but I really wanted something in the PTO, so will watch this with interest.

Incidentally, if CoH had their Guadalcanal game out now I might well have opted for their system over LnL (although they are also missing the ETO).

Coverage of the main theatres is probably going to be a decision factor for a lot of potential buyers, so getting HotP out sooner rather than later could be a really good move.

I think you will like the system. Heck, I know you will.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but only pre-orders directly from LNLP will get the game from proposal to reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Danison
United States
Cape Canaveral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nzgunner wrote:

I was waiting for CoH to publish Guadalcanal too. Getting HotP out now rather than later clinched the sale for LnL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

How many preorders still need?
Any news about HotP? whistle

I would like to present it to me for Christmas cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.