Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Cirone
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you created pre-printed paper maps (folded for storage) and used the unit tokens included in the Overlord Expansion, then I think you would end up with a very easy to transport and set-up version of Memoir '44. You could even print the map at a smaller size and stack the unit tokens in each hex.

Only bulky items would be the dice and cards. I haven't done this yet myself, but I thought I would make the suggestion for anyone trying to create a travel version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayne Starlancer wrote:
If you created pre-printed paper maps (folded for storage) and used the unit tokens included in the Overlord Expansion, then I think you would end up with a very easy to transport and set-up version of Memoir '44. You could even print the map at a smaller size and stack the unit tokens in each hex.

Only bulky items would be the dice and cards. I haven't done this yet myself, but I thought I would make the suggestion for anyone trying to create a travel version.

Or you could do it like this guy...

My travel version with A&A minis on magnetic bases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
What I am seeing in my mind is something like the older pocket editions of Ogre.

Cards are the hard part. Dice are no problem.

Maybe an artscow or other online printer could be used for a set of miniature cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M44 online and two internet connected laptops make a travel version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phread wrote:
M44 online and two internet connected laptops make a travel version.

And are probably heavier and less convenient to carry than what I have suggested (especially if we create some alternatives to the Command Cards); also, you might need power cords and outlets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print out the maps so you don't have to fuss with the terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayne Starlancer wrote:

Actually someone on BGG created a set of dice that can replace the cards. It's in the photo section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.