Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Source Freeze wrote:
Once a round: Put this Skill token in the Source. While it is there, other players cannot use their usual one die from the Source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source to your inventory (do not reroll that die), then take this token back and flip it.

Is Goldyx allowed to take a crystal when there's no basic mana in the source but there is a gold die present? Does a gold die 'represent' any basic color?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold dice and black dice are not considered basic colors. Only red, blue, green, and white are basic colors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:
Is Goldyx allowed to take a crystal when there's no basic mana in the source but there is a gold die present? Does a gold die 'represent' any basic color?


I doubt it. (I assume you're only asking about the day---certainly not at night.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
Gold dice and black dice are not considered basic colors. Only red, blue, green, and white are basic colors.


Of course, and there also aren't any gold crystals. But that wasn't the question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Goldyx would get nothing but the benefit of preventing other players from using the gold die themselves.

But, i'm wrong about everything so who knows?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would tend to agree. Gold can be converted to mana of any basic color when used, but it is not a basic color itself, nor can it 'represent' one in the mana source.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I disagree, I would say that a gold die represents all basic colours, and can therefore be used for this skill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mag74b wrote:
I disagree, I would say that a gold die represents all basic colours, and can therefore be used for this skill.


This is incorrect.

The wording is clear: "Gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source".

If there is no basic color in the source, you will not gain any crystal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
The wording is clear: "Gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source".


I don't think it's that clear. "Gain one crystal of any basic color on a die in the Source," would be clear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So what if it was a black die?

(ducks behind bar)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Fryd Pickles wrote:
Gold dice and black dice are not considered basic colors. Only red, blue, green, and white are basic colors.


Of course, and there also aren't any gold crystals. But that wasn't the question.


I beg to differ. It was actually a two-part question and I only answered the second question. But correcting others on answering a question that did or did not exist isn't part of this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
I beg to differ. It was actually a two-part question and I only answered the second question.


The second question was: During Day Rounds, when gold mana can be used as blue mana, does a gold die therefore 'represent' blue mana? I don't think you answered that question (Paul did). But I agree it's pretty pointless to argue about who answered what.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mag74b wrote:
I disagree, I would say that a gold die represents all basic colours, and can therefore be used for this skill.


This is incorrect.

The wording is clear: "Gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source".

If there is no basic color in the source, you will not gain any crystal.

This is the ruling we agreed on as well. Though I'd like to argue that the wording is not clear. It all depends on the definition of 'represents' in the game, which I think is never given.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mag74b wrote:
I disagree, I would say that a gold die represents all basic colours, and can therefore be used for this skill.


This is incorrect.

The wording is clear: "Gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source".

If there is no basic color in the source, you will not gain any crystal.

I will follow this ruling, but i disagree with you that the wording is clear here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg T
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mag74b wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
mag74b wrote:
I disagree, I would say that a gold die represents all basic colours, and can therefore be used for this skill.


This is incorrect.

The wording is clear: "Gain one crystal of any basic color represented in the Source".

If there is no basic color in the source, you will not gain any crystal.

I will follow this ruling, but i disagree with you that the wording is clear here.


In my opinion: gold die does not represent any basic color. It can be used as any basic color but does not represent any particular basic color. If You would insist that it does represent something then it would have to represent all four basic colors at the same time not just one since it can be used as any of the four basic colors.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.