Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Conclusion: Ah, the value of a good filler. Is it a 10 for being a good filler or a 3 because it is not the game that TI:3 is (assuming you like that game). Or do you rate it for what it is? I tend to do a mix and come up with a number (or rating) that I'm happy with. But that is not what we do here. We try to write a review that gives you (the buyer) a pretty good idea if you would like this game or not.

Incan Gold is tough because there is not a lot of "game" to it. You basically push your luck and decide (based on no information except the cards that have already been played) whether you should press your luck and keep going. I guess you could know the number of traps versus the number of cards left, but you really never know what is coming up.

Some fillers I like to end the night with, this is a filler I would start the night with. Or play while that other guy went to the bathroom for a "five minute diversion". That's about how long the game will last. OF course, you still rub it in that you won, but you really didn't do anything to win. You got lucky, that's all. I'm sure someone will reply and tell me how good they are at Bingo...er Incan Gold, but I just don't see it.

Components: Some flimsy cards, a few treasures, and something to hide your treasure in and that is it. Not a whole lot to talk about. The treasures are okay and the cards are not high stock.

Rules: Super easy. You flip a card and put jewels on it. Split the treasure. Each player plays a card to go on or stop. If you continue on, you can get more treasure. If the same booby trap comes out twice, you lose all treasure you earned this round. There is an artifact (revealed before) that if you are able to get is worth extra points.

The Rule book is pretty good about explaining the simple rules.

Flow of the game: This is a fast paced game. It won't take more than 15 minutes to get through the temple 3 times. Card dropped for path, collect treasure, decide to move forward or not. If the same booby trap comes out twice, you lose all treasure you picked up this round. That's really it.

Should I buy this?: Well that depends on price. I'd probably only recommend it if you really need a quick filler or you need to get free shipping. It is not that the game is bad, it is just that there is not a lot there. You won't sit down to play a night of Incan Gold, but then again it is not really designed for that I would guess. It is simple and fun as you get wrapped up in it. Not a lot of skill to acquire. I would say it depends on your gaming habits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
This game is all about gambling.

Winner takes all.

Decide before the game starts how many cents/dollars each point is worth. At the end, everyone pays the winner (winner score - player score) * what each point is worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alafter wrote:
This game is all about gambling.

Winner takes all.

Decide before the game starts how many cents/dollars each point is worth. At the end, everyone pays the winner (winner score - player score) * what each point is worth.

That might actually make the game better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.