Recommend
40 
 Thumb up
 Hide
203 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Katalyka» Forums » General

Subject: Latest update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: locked [+] kickstarter_hilarity [+] [View All]
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
42
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/post...

Quote:
Ever since about December, I've been harassed by a voice that is claiming to be the sun, and its been attacking me and harassing me almost every hour of the day.

This is the best way I can explain what I am going through... if anyone has any advice or can offer help with this problem, it was not really what I was hoping for and it was very much NOT what I was told making this game was going to be like last year when I started working on it:

Voice says: "The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret. If you publish your game, it is going to let people in on too many secrets." (paraphrasing)

My response:

The giant glowing mass of hydrogen that lights up our entire planet with heat and color wants to remain a secret?

Seems a bit like a pipe dream to me.

Besides, there have already been a few different "galactic themed" video games and at least one other board game that have all gotten rather popular, so I really don't understand why "The Sun" is supposedly obsessing over the details in this game, specifically. The voice won't tell me what it is that I'm supposed to change or remove, because apparently that would give too much away? This is all rather strange to me, and hard to believe.

We already demonstrated that the sun's long term goals and survival are threatened by people who manipulate elements, and that the Sun has NOTHING to lose by being honest and open, but the people who want to control it and the less educated people around them have their entire fortunes to lose if Life on Earth came together in a healthy way along with the blessing of the Sun.

Apparently, my design for the game was based on ideas that are too close to reality, and people who have a lot of influence over Life itself have been stomping on me and trying to keep me from finishing it.

I hope you can understand why I've been hoping that production would have gone smoother and just get the game done, but this harassment has gotten so persistent I can barely even think any more.

When I started working on it, I was told that it would be my opportunity to make something that would help teach, bring various levels of Life together, and would be fun and popular... but its just been roadblock after roadblock, and endless harassment for months over any minute detail or idea that I put into it... and even though its finished, then the voices started obsessing over keeping me from printing it, mostly by distracting me constantly with insane trivia, nonsense, and annoyances to the point where I can't even think. What's kind of frustrating is that half of the stuff that it complains to me about are things I was essentially instructed to put into the game, by the same voices that are harassing me now.

I honestly don't know what to do about this. I'm starting to feel that I've been set up by someone and I'm feeling kind of lost.

The main problem is the actual printing of the card decks. I have all the other materials, and I have cardstock to print the cards on but it was too thick for my printer and I can't afford to take it to a second hand printer, so as soon as I can finish it I am determined to see this project done. I looked into exchanging or returning the cardstock, and it would cost me about $500 to do that (which I don't have, since I am on disability due to an injury, I only get about $200 a month after rent and most of that goes into food.)

I put way too much time and effort into Katalyka to give up now, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Quote:
so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.


http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/playing-cards/playing-car...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...She purchased a business class laser printer but forgot to check if it would accept the cardstock she bought? How amateur and idiotic.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what I fear the most?

That her feelings might be genuine and then I would not care about the potential game at all, rather for her.

We all already sorta know (or do we?) that she has a weird psyche, so I would not be surprised if the game rusts down under the table somewhere with the project taking an nose-dive... This is why you should do at least a rough business plan and make some RESEARCH before you go to Kickstarter - especially if you never dealt with boardgames and their manufacture before.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean this with no sarcasm- I hope she gets some professional help. Voices in the head and paranoia do not combine well.
34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, it sounds a lot like schizophrenia (assuming it isn't a ruse). My wife used to work with the mentally ill and as I read the update, it was the same conclusion she drew....

She needs help (and I mean that in all seriousness).
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So... is this game getting made? People did pledge money, right? It looks intriguing, but this is some scary psycho-ranting. I'm actually kind of scared that the game will get made, and then swallow my soul when I open the box.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the Necronomicon of games.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone new to this game/discussion all I can say is; What the.... ? surprise
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mad Hatter
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/post...

Quote:
Ever since about December, I've been harassed by a voice that is claiming to be the sun, and its been attacking me and harassing me almost every hour of the day.

This is the best way I can explain what I am going through... if anyone has any advice or can offer help with this problem, it was not really what I was hoping for and it was very much NOT what I was told making this game was going to be like last year when I started working on it:

Voice says: "The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret. If you publish your game, it is going to let people in on too many secrets." (paraphrasing)

My response:

The giant glowing mass of hydrogen that lights up our entire planet with heat and color wants to remain a secret?

Seems a bit like a pipe dream to me.

Besides, there have already been a few different "galactic themed" video games and at least one other board game that have all gotten rather popular, so I really don't understand why "The Sun" is supposedly obsessing over the details in this game, specifically. The voice won't tell me what it is that I'm supposed to change or remove, because apparently that would give too much away? This is all rather strange to me, and hard to believe.

We already demonstrated that the sun's long term goals and survival are threatened by people who manipulate elements, and that the Sun has NOTHING to lose by being honest and open, but the people who want to control it and the less educated people around them have their entire fortunes to lose if Life on Earth came together in a healthy way along with the blessing of the Sun.

Apparently, my design for the game was based on ideas that are too close to reality, and people who have a lot of influence over Life itself have been stomping on me and trying to keep me from finishing it.

I hope you can understand why I've been hoping that production would have gone smoother and just get the game done, but this harassment has gotten so persistent I can barely even think any more.

When I started working on it, I was told that it would be my opportunity to make something that would help teach, bring various levels of Life together, and would be fun and popular... but its just been roadblock after roadblock, and endless harassment for months over any minute detail or idea that I put into it... and even though its finished, then the voices started obsessing over keeping me from printing it, mostly by distracting me constantly with insane trivia, nonsense, and annoyances to the point where I can't even think. What's kind of frustrating is that half of the stuff that it complains to me about are things I was essentially instructed to put into the game, by the same voices that are harassing me now.

I honestly don't know what to do about this. I'm starting to feel that I've been set up by someone and I'm feeling kind of lost.

The main problem is the actual printing of the card decks. I have all the other materials, and I have cardstock to print the cards on but it was too thick for my printer and I can't afford to take it to a second hand printer, so as soon as I can finish it I am determined to see this project done. I looked into exchanging or returning the cardstock, and it would cost me about $500 to do that (which I don't have, since I am on disability due to an injury, I only get about $200 a month after rent and most of that goes into food.)

I put way too much time and effort into Katalyka to give up now, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.


Dear Molly,

We all go through tough times. Just like you, I force myself to rise each day and put on my best face, even though sometimes I just don't feel like doing it. It's unbelievably difficult, and some days I just want to stay in bed with the covers pulled over me and the shades drawn, which I realize is selfish. Because too many people rely on me and my presence that I can't just deny it to them. I must rise and face the day, just like you must rise and face the day.

Repeatedly I've tried to get in touch with you about the Kickstarter, but somehow my messages are either not getting through, or are getting through in a piece-meal fashion. Something is going wrong in the translation, I think; the messages you receive aren't quite the ones that I'm sending. Maybe I should try another email address? Or another forum or venue. It's not that I don't want your project to succeed, I'm just concerned that it won't. Nor am I sending other outside elements to "stomp" on your idea or prevent it from seeing the proverbial light of day.

So, really, I'm not trying to quash any of your plans to get the game published. I just want to see those enthusiastic Kickstarter backers get the product they supported with their hard-earned money. Simple as that.

Yours truly,

The Sun
76 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is easily the strangest thing I have ever read on BGG, perhaps even the whole internet, and that is saying something.

I just can't decide if this person is screwing with people, or if she is genuinely disturbed.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been interesting following this from early on, as I have, and as the predictable finish has been realized.

This thing had more red flags than:

Mao's birthday in Tienanmen Square

A matador's convention

The semaphore competition at the Olympics
45 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say "hate to tell you I told you so" but then someone would just respond, "yeah, I think you like telling people I told you so" and I'd really like to just avoid this.

PS - The Sun demands you offer a refund Molly. I heard him too.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Her Facebook posts are equally strange:

Quote:
If we discover that the Navy is using the Electromagnetic Field of the Earth to control the planet, and if we are unable to communicate the Galactic Culture to this planet, then we WILL still take down the polarity shield around this planet and the Sol System.


Quote:
I was just told that part of the reason for the shields around our planet are because there have been people using transmitter technology on this planet for thousands of years, and that we are attempting to protect the stars from being infected by transmitted patterns of data and information that could potentially represent a HUGE danger to other places, and to our own longevity. So again, if we are going to align our planet or star system with the rest of the Galaxy, we will have to address this issue.


Quote:
The Navy claims that it is a Galactic Navy, and that the word semen records how important they are to the Bar.
What happens to the Earth under their care will tell us exactly how true this is.


Quote:
So I was told that planets that refuse to love anything but themselves are what causes black holes, but they have to become a black hole of pleasure in order to actually do it. Our planet has been operating almost completely the opposite of that. Why is it even TRYING to exist?


Quote:
If you are going to be speaking as a Stellar being that controls our physical comfort from birth and is currently making demands upon half the human bodies on Earth and ALL OF THE ANIMALS... so that there will be people less beautiful than YOU and SERVE YOU by doing physical labor and working for you... PLEASE EXPLAIN what RIGHT you have to call ANYONE a child molester?
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/

You might enjoy her explanation of why the Earth's magnetic field is so powerful. It's right alongside the box back for this game that will never exist.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/

You might enjoy her explanation of why the Earth's magnetic field is so powerful. It's right alongside the box back for this game that will never exist.


The title of the entry is "A Shell Game". I wonder if that's what the whole Kickstarter thing was...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Motes
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Woah.

I just clicked through since this is currently #3 on The Hotness, and found myself in a galaxy of crazy!

Entertainment value aside, what is pushing the popularity right now?

Edit: Wow, I just had to thumb this post. Looking into the history of this game has been such fun! [mitigated by my sympathy for the backers, of course]
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shep4Brains wrote:
Woah.

I just clicked through since this is currently #3 on The Hotness, and found myself in a galaxy of crazy!

Entertainment value aside, what is pushing the popularity right now?


It's gotta be this thread, and the included references to the really bizarre behind-the-scenes of the game...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Motes
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
More from facebook:

Quote:
Oh yeah, I was told that the information in my journal and gallery on Deviant Art would actually begin a HEALING process for Steven Hawking if he read it, and took it to heart... and that he would begin to get his movement back again,a nd might even be able to leave his chair eventually.

How do we get a message to him?


Weeeeeeee!!!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Ms. Friedrich --

I just recently stumbled across this thread, and felt compelled to respond. Your game certainly looks unique and extraordinarily creative, and your apparently long-standing efforts to pull it all together and give it form most laudable. However, it seems perhaps that, with the immensity and complexity of this undertaking in conjunction with all the various pressures entailed, you may now be feeling rather overwhelmed and stressed out by it all? Not at all surprising under the circumstances. And I sincerely hope you read this thread and pick up on the genuine concern and support offered here by the BGG folk.

Please consider the possibility of taking a break from this effort, resting, recovering a bit, regaining perspective, and reaching out for help if needed -- no shame in that. Then, if and when the time seems right, come back to this game and decide if you truly wish to resume this effort. If so, we'll all be looking forward to its completion -- and, if not, that's OK too. Just take care of yourself and do what is best for you. Best wishes...

44 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
    Thank you Mr. Buonocore for taking a position of leadership in this situation. There's a lot of shameful behavior in this thread, and your beautifully targeted rebuttal of that is inspiring.

    I'm not so good a guy.

    You call someone a name or mock them for who they are you get warned, then you get banned. That's BGG's policy. Mental illness should not be exempted. Enough already.

    ChaddyBoy -- you're an admin. Get on the right side of this argument.

             S.


33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if she's mentally ill or if this is some sort of stream of consciousness creative writing thing, but if she is actually mentally ill this part seriously scares the crap out of me.

Quote:
When I was walking to the grocery store, first a voice told me that I should stop rejecting all sexuality from people.

Then at the store, there were little girls staring at me strangely, and something kept saying that I should approach one of them for sex.

Obviously I rejected the idea, and there was not even the *imagination* or *fantasy* of sexuality taking place... my mind was innocently and completely on what I was going to get for my dinner.

But oddly enough...

By the end of my grocery trip my headache had come back and there were voices taunting me for being "sexual as possible", and my muscles in my neck and shoulders were painful and tight again... and I was told that I lost my "womanhood" for "giving Everything all away to children."


Molly, if you're reading this, and you really believe these voices are telling you this, then PLEASE seek professional help before you do something irrevocable that will harm a child. If this is some sort of stream of consciousness creative writing thing, then you're disgusting.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is something that should be reported to the authorities without hesitation. You should forward the link to the message she posted to the authorities ASAP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea who to report it too.

It's from this blog post:

http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/journal/Loving-Imperfection...

It's in the section after the 21st astrix.

Later on in that post is this:

Quote:
It asked me what was going on with me, and I told it that the reason men have embraced sexuality with children is because they experienced the following:

1. Something approached them in their minds, forcing them to notice youthful feminine girls as a sexual object.

2. They were told that it was WRONG to be sexual with children, so they tried for a long time to respect that.

3. There were people who spent their entire lives REJECTING child sexuality, and they all seem to have ended up being made fun of for being gay or insane.

4. Then I documented that I have been rejecting child sexuality since 2001, even in my mind, and I actually transitioned to live as a woman, and was even quite attractive as one for a while...

5. and then I was attacked too... and it became rather obvious that the only option available to escape being attacked was for me to cut my genitals off.

6. So men realised that if they were going to be attacked for something whether they did it OR NOT, and the only escape was to cut your genitals off, they decided to full-on embrace child sexuality... at least in their minds.

(because I still have no direct evidence that I have witnessed any real child sexuality in person)

So I guess men now view sexualising children as just a part of what creates manhood... since every time I was being falsely accused of child sexuality, my punishment was to be made more manly... guys who LIKE being more manly have probably viewed sexualising young girls as "the definition of manliness".

So yeah...

...and I'm still not guilty of ever having sex with a child.

We have laws for that. If someone really thought I was hurting children they should have called the police, not complained to WATER and AIR about it.


If you know who to go to with this info, please do. It's some seriously messed up stuff.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Sigh....I'm more shocked that some of the backers are posting "tell us what you need and we'll help you get it" (meaning game materials, not professional help,) still thinking this is going to get published. And to Sag and everyone else taking the holier than thou approach, and even taking a shot at Chaddyboy, I have a question: did you back this? Are you out cash?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.