Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In For Sale, we can choose to bid more or pass.. But, can we pass before we ever started our bid? Or we must bid first before passing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McDuff
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"'A grey man,' she said. 'Neither white nor black, but partaking of both. Is that what you are, Ser Davos?' 'What if I am? It seems to me most men are grey.'" -- Lady Melisandre of Asshai and Ser Davos Seaworth from A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin
badge
A small part of a 17,000 pushpin video game art project I was involved with.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pass first turn, never bidding in a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are various printings of the rules. This is how my copy goes.

Bidding:The player who lives in the largest house begins and lays down any number of his Money Chips onto the table. Play then continues clockwise around the table. The next player must decide whether he will bid or pass.

An awkward interpretation might try to suggest that "deciding whether to bid or pass" was not offered to the opening player.

A more standard interpretation would be that "lays down any number of chips" can include laying down zero - a "pass".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
A more standard interpretation would be that "lays down any number of chips" can include laying down zero - a "pass".

A zero bid is not a pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Phase 1: Buying Properties - .....Each player may bid or pass. Also, in the section Tip: Keep your money secret! is the following...... The player who took the most valuable property turns over the next set of Property Cards for auction and continues play by bidding or passing.

Seems clear that the starting player can pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.