Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

My wife started creating me a copy of the game last night by printing out the cards and putting them into FFG euro sized sleeves. However she isn't sure of what everyone else has been using to create the turn marker, and also exactly how many counters are needed (and of what type). Can anyone shed some light for us?

Cheers

Pincher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This image shows the various types of counters needed to track information in this game. Any distinct-looking tokens will do, but a clear glass bead seems to work well for tracking the current turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yip, I was going to post this picture, too ;-)
The glas bead is actually a picture of the one I´m using.

You need 14 Nuke tokens.
I have 6 Strength +1 and 6 Toughness tokens and these are more than enough.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between strength and toughness?

I have 16 yellow glass beads for Nukem tokens, 8 or so red beads to put on aliens for toughness, and one green bead to put on the current location / turn marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Toughness essentially means you need to kill the Alien twice. The first time you kill it simply removes the Toughness counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, and that's what I have my red beads for. But, Lines42 mentions a toughness and a strength+1 like they're different things with different markers, and I don't think that they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A +1 Token means add one to the card's attack value. Two totally different game functions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
A +1 Token means add one to the card's attack value.

Hm. I don't recall ever coming across that card; I've played the game about 6 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the Alien Horde card, or the Alien Lurker card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Read the Alien Horde card, or the Alien Lurker card.

The Alien Horde says plus one toughness.

But, you are right, the Alien Lurker says Plus 1 Power. I never noticed that and assumed it was just plus one toughness, like the rest.

Power is what the red attack number is called in the instructions, so I have to agree with you. If that's true, that's neat, but now I have to find another marker color. -- or I guess I could just place a red bead right next to the power number. There's not really that much going on in a given column for it to be too hard to remember whether a marker means +1 toughness or +1 Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers everyone. You've answered all my questions nicely cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In Lines42's version of the cards, the "Alien Host" and "Alien Attack" cards also use +1 Power tokens. But I don't think these cards exist in the original game; they are the result of a conversion of cards from the game "Revolver" back to Aliens-theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.