12 Posts

Statis Pro Baseball» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help with BD chart rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Thomas
England
flag msg tools
Hi, I have the 1990 National League version and I have downloaded some teams as well.
My 1990 player cards have a range for BD results but the download teams just have 0, 1 or 2 on them.
On Z chart it says about pre 1989 game board having a BD chart on it, can any one help me with that.
Also 2nd rules say use BD result only if runner on base yet 3rd rules do not say that which is right.
Please help if you can Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter -

You have two different versions of player cards.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statis_Pro_Baseball

"BD (Clutch Hitting Ability): 0 (worst) through 2 (pre-1988); individualized chart (1988 and on)"

Most people refer to 'pre-1988' as 'Edition 2' and refer to '1988 and on as 'Edition3'.

Most hobbyist-provided (homebrew) player cards are Edition 2.

Most modern commercially-provided player cards are Edition 3.

I can provide you with an Edition 2 BD chart. IM me with your email address.

I don't know about your final question. I would be inclined to follow the rules for the version of player cards that you have.

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a text copy:

Statis Pro (Old Version) BD Chart

Use only when men are on base. Ignore if the pitcher is at bat.

BD:0 BD:1 BD:2 Result of play
11-24 11-28 11-42 Double to right center. All runners score.
25-26 31-34 43-44 Triple to left centre.
27 35-37 45-48 Home Run tio deep center.
28-88 38-88 51-88 No Action occurs. Return to normal play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cowart
msg tools
FWIW - I know of a guy who has played a lot of Statis-Pro and he doesn't use the BD ratings because he says they lead to too many extra base hits.

Same chart as above, just re-formatted.

BD:0 BD:1 BD:2 Result of play
11-24 11-28 11-42 Double to right center. All runners score.
25-26 31-34 43-44 Triple to left center.
27 35-37 45-48 Home Run to deep center.
28-88 38-88 51-88 No Action occurs. Return to normal play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, thanks for providing the chart in non-proportional font.

Did you have to enter html code, or does the forum provide an easy way to specify Courier. If so, didn't see it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thomas
England
flag msg tools
Thanks for that.
I have e-mailed you before I looked at the forum.
So no need to send scan Ralph.
Still do not know what to do with BD result might just ignore and turn new FAC.
Thank again Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cowart
msg tools
Ralph,

I clicked on the "C" button on the right between the SP and and URL buttons, but mostly it was trial and error with a lot of previewing and editing. One would think there is an easier way, but I don't what it is. I tried using tags, but that didn't seem to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cowart
msg tools
Peter,

I think you are supposed to ignore the BD rating when there are no runners on base. I believe it is meant to be a clutch rating of some sort, but I could be wrong as I haven't played SP that often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Andrews
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
The BD chart should only be used when there are men on base...the newer edition cards have personalized BD ratings,usually on the bottom of the player card. I beleive the formula is % based on Hits multiplied by 64.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
msg tools
Hi Peter,

The new BD ratings started to appear on cards in the 1988 version (87 cards). I do have the formula to create these ratings for earlier seasons. If you would like a copy, I can send it to you. As to when you use the chart, earlier posts are correct, only when men are on base for seasons before '87. Since that was the criteria for the original BD chart, that is probably the way the new BD should be used. However, when I play the game (using the new BD system), I use the BD chart only when men are on base during inning 1-6, after the 6th inning, I use it anytime a BD is turned up(whether there are runners on or not). My reasoning for this is; most "clutch" hitters are stronger when the game is on the line or in late innings, no matter what the baserunner situation is. It also gives hitters a little better chance in the late innings when facing a strong bullpen or dominant closer (ie a solo HR to tie game up in 9th inning). This method seems to work for me and adds a little more "hope" towards the end of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bouma
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Eric,

I have been looking for the formula for creating the 3rd edition (1987-) BD ratings. If you still have the formula, could you please send it to me? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
United States
Blacksburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I don't know if this helps, but I noticed that the individualized BD ranges were about double the hit range on the cards. If a player had a double range of, say 25-28 on his card, the BD rating would be something like 11-18 for doubles. This was just my casual observation, but it held true quite a bit. Also, if a player had no double, triples or homers on on his card, but hit one during the season, he might have a one or two on the BD section of his card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.