Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like we are always forgetting to move the damn clock Has anyone come up with solving this problem? Using paper? Sometimes you are allowed to do something once per day. Keeping track of that is sometimes a problem especially when there are 5 or more players. Any ideas or suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
It seems like we are always forgetting to move the damn clock Has anyone come up with solving this problem? Using paper? Sometimes you are allowed to do something once per day. Keeping track of that is sometimes a problem especially when there are 5 or more players. Any ideas or suggestions.

Someone posted before that they use the clock as an active player token. At the end of you turn you pass the clock to the next player (hopefully with the clock adjusted 3 hours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca revello
Italy
biella
italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An Idea may be to pass the clock to next player at the end of a player turn.

So the new player move the clock and make his turn.

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
keso55 wrote:

My group had the same problem when we first started to play, and that was with just 3 or 4 players.
tssfulk wrote:
[Someone posted before that they use the clock as an active player token. At the end of you turn you pass the clock to the next player (hopefully with the clock adjusted 3 hours).

luca wrote:

And this is how we solved the problem (or at least it helps a lot). And if we forget, it is easy enough to correct it since we know how many turns we have missed.

At the end of a player's turn, we advance the clock and hand it to the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luca wrote:

Bye
I know, it is the most simplest of ideas. Even this gets screwed up. Besides I hate the clock Might have to come up with a better clock idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
keso55 wrote:
I know, it is the most simplest of ideas. Even this gets screwed up. Besides I hate the clock Might have to come up with a better clock idea

If you are playing with four or more players, I would suggest that you create an "ADVANCE THE CLOCK" sign and hand this to the player who should be next to advance the clock.

In most cases, you know it will trigger every four turns so at the start of a 5-player game give it the fifth player. If he has this sign in front of him then he might just remember he needs to advance the clock before he takes this turn. Once he has done this he hands the sign to the fourth player and so on.

You don't even need the clock if you use a method such as this, it can stay in the box. If the Clock Advances, just pass the sign anti-clockwise (that's counter-clockwise to some).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

If you are playing with four or more players, I would suggest that you create an "ADVANCE THE CLOCK" sign and hand this to the player who should be next to advance the clock.

Like this idea the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lovatt
Canada
flag msg tools
I was thinking about this same issue the other night and came up with what, in my head, seemed like a workable solution for once-per-day abilities - get some counters, tokens, marbles, whatever, and put one on each once-per-day power. When you use a power, put the counter beside the clock. At midnight, hand them all back.

Of course, this doesn't help with forgetting to move the clock, but you guys seem to have that ironed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Lokasenna wrote:
I was thinking about this same issue the other night and came up with what, in my head, seemed like a workable solution for once-per-day abilities - get some counters, tokens, marbles, whatever, and put one on each once-per-day power. When you use a power, put the counter beside the clock. At midnight, hand them all back.

Once I finish my current Ancient Ones project, I will go back to my Investigator cards project and finish off the "player aids" I have planned for the Investigator's special Abilities.

xris wrote:
I am in the process of creating "player aids" for certain investigators. They are reminders for those investigators who have "Once per day..." abilities. I am going to produce double sided 18mm square token, one side will have the ability and the other side will have something like "used" on it.

I might extend this to include play aids for Midnight Effects as well. When an Adventure card is revealed with a Midnight Effect, the appropriate play aid token can be placed on top of the Mythos cards.

It's easy to forget about Midnight Effects so this should remind the players to trigger them whenever a Mythos card is turned over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a card battery. Attach one alligator clip to the top of the clock and the other to the end of your ...

no, hang on, that wouldn't work very well at all...

Just pass the clock after each turn, eh?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willsargent wrote:
Get a card battery. Attach one alligator clip to the top of the clock and the other to the end of your ...

no, hang on, that wouldn't work very well at all...

Just pass the clock after each turn, eh?!
I know it seemed like a silly question but I have played with different groups and for some reason it keeps happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.