Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rant [+] [View All]
D Alex Good
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Late last week I received a game I had purchased second hand to find that it had missing pieces. Saturday, I pick up a comic book that had pages that wouldn't separate. Today I pick up Glory to Rome from a friend of mine that went to Origins and picked it up on my behalf and find that the cards won't fit when sleeved, there are scratches and gunk on the rule book and player cards, there is no white stand for the leader, and I didn't get the stand-offs for the player cards.

I think I'm just going to stop buying things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:

This isn't some anti-capitalismImperialism post is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
there are scratches and gunk on the rule book and player cards, there is no white stand for the leader, and I didn't get the stand-offs for the player cards.

Rome demands justice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

But for serious. That really sucks. What size sleeves is the BB edition supposed to have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Alex Good
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:

But for serious. That really sucks. What size sleeves is the BB edition supposed to have?

They're standard Magic the Gathering size. Mayday green (63.5mmx88mm) fit pretty well, not much excess on any side. They could be maybe a mm shorter. There are some people reporting that the standard thickness sleeves actually fit in the box, as long as you don't sleeve all of the cards, but I got the premium sleeves.

I think the worst part is that there was a free comic book in the bag my friend brought back. It was Green Lantern. I hate Green Lantern!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
Late last week I received a game I had purchased second hand to find that it had missing pieces. Saturday, I pick up a comic book that had pages that wouldn't separate. Today I pick up Glory to Rome from a friend of mine that went to Origins and picked it up on my behalf and find that the cards won't fit when sleeved, there are scratches and gunk on the rule book and player cards, there is no white stand for the leader, and I didn't get the stand-offs for the player cards.

I DEMAND PERFECTION!!

GLORY TO ROME!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry k
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So you didn't get the promos you were supposed to get? The guy from the unboxing video said the same thing. Are they having problems with the promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
shikosaki wrote:

They're standard Magic the Gathering size. Mayday green (63.5mmx88mm) fit pretty well, not much excess on any side. They could be maybe a mm shorter. There are some people reporting that the standard thickness sleeves actually fit in the box, as long as you don't sleeve all of the cards, but I got the premium sleeves.

I think the worst part is that there was a free comic book in the bag my friend brought back. It was Green Lantern. I hate Green Lantern!

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
Today I pick up Glory to Rome from a friend of mine that went to Origins and picked it up on my behalf and find that the cards won't fit when sleeved,

Huh?

We got push back from the printer about allowing too much extra space in the box since the cards / components would rattle around and get damaged in transit so sleeves should certainly be tight, but I thought we'd allowed enough space for them to fit.

I don't have any sleeves here in Amsterdam so I'll need to get the US team to investigate - will get back to you later in the day

doogxela wrote:
there are scratches and gunk on the rule book and player cards,

Yuck - our first quality complaint. Please can you send a couple of photos to kickstarter@cambridgegames.com and we'll send you replacements. I'm afraid it'll be mid-July though (when the main shipment is going out) since we only have a few copies in the US right now.

doogxela wrote:
there is no white stand for the leader,

Hmmm... we put the white stands in for a while when we were giving out Merchant Bonus chips (rather than cards) but it was never intended for the Black Box edition.

doogxela wrote:
and I didn't get the stand-offs for the player cards.

A couple of the promo choices ran out but Jeremiah kept a record of who was given what - the missing items will be sent on with the main shipment.

Cheers,

Ed Carter
Managing Director
Cambridge Games Factory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Alex Good
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cambridgegames wrote:
Hmmm... we put the white stands in for a while when we were giving out Merchant Bonus chips (rather than cards) but it was never intended for the Black Box edition.

I only mention the white stand because the inventory on the rule book lists it.

cambridgegames wrote:
We got push back from the printer about allowing too much extra space in the box since the cards / components would rattle around and get damaged in transit so sleeves should certainly be tight, but I thought we'd allowed enough space for them to fit.

I was using the Mayday Premium Card Game sleeves. I will have to check again when I get home, but I think it may just be that they are too long. There is a few mm of space at the top of the card, and if the sleeves were 1mm shorter, they might fit. So if anyone sells sleeves that are a tighter fit, those might work ok. The other problem, though, is the height of the box. If you do manage to sleeve all of the cards, the stacks would be too high to fit in the slots.

cambridgegames wrote:
A couple of the promo choices ran out but Jeremiah kept a record of who was given what - the missing items will be sent on with the main shipment.

I assumed this was the case. Thanks for the clarification.

I am very excited to have gotten the game, and I am very much looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
I was using the Mayday Premium Card Game sleeves. I will have to check again when I get home, but I think it may just be that they are too long. There is a few mm of space at the top of the card, and if the sleeves were 1mm shorter, they might fit. So if anyone sells sleeves that are a tighter fit, those might work ok. The other problem, though, is the height of the box. If you do manage to sleeve all of the cards, the stacks would be too high to fit in the slots.

You won't find a closer fit than KMC Perfect Size Sleeves (89x64 mm, zero to spare around the top and sides) assuming that the cards are indeed the typical standard card size. But, as you say, it doesn't sound like that will solve the box problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cambridgegames wrote:

doogxela wrote:
I only mention the white stand because the inventory on the rule book lists it.

Oops - yes it does! Sorry guys, typo from a previous version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wafflesnsegways wrote:
So you didn't get the promos you were supposed to get? The guy from the unboxing video said the same thing. Are they having problems with the promos?

I'm that guy. I think my situation might be a bit unique to the OP. I was listed as an Origins pickup, but they didn't have any of my promo choices recorded in their "at the show" database. I'm not really worried about it since getting the game is the main thing. I'm sure it will get worked out and don't consider it a huge problem since what I did receive is perfectly useable, playable and complete.

Also I had a few (20 or so) of the economy green Mayday sleeves and tried those out. They seemed to work fine, though the fit is definitely tight. If you sleeve all of the cards, I think you'll be hard pressed to fit everything in the box. However if you do not sleeve the Jacks, Bonus, Foundation and Leader cards I'd imagine it would probably all fit. I'm not speaking on experience here, and I do not plan to sleeve, so take this as a "best guess." Now if you also include the promo cards for the Geek expansion and sleeve, I doubt it would all fit, even if you just didn't sleeve those cards I've already mentioned.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the black box edition?

How many cards do it have and how many cards does the old one have? I want to know how much the promo cards for the old one adds but I have no idea how many "more" cards that is comparatively. Anyone?

Also what are the stands for? That's some black box edition only things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Black Box edition ships with 208 in the box. Not sure how many are in the IV edition.

I think there's between 20-30ish promo cards from the Geek expansion. These are shipped outside of the box

There are no stands shipped/included with the Black Box edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhoubhe wrote:
The Black Box edition ships with 208 in the box. Not sure how many are in the IV edition.

I think there's between 20-30ish promo cards from the Geek expansion. These are shipped outside of the box

There are no stands shipped/included with the Black Box edition.
Are there in either?

Geek expansions come with black box? All the promo cards on the BGG store is already in black box?

Quality of the cards is better in black box to? I don't really like that art either. It looks very classic Monopolish or something which is cool in the "looks old" kinda of way but it's not very attractive imho. The Polish edition is awesome but I can't have one like that ..

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cannon
England
Burgess Hill
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the game including some expansion cards in the UK a week ago. No mention of the promos or the tee shirt which I paid for - when will these be shipped Ed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acorns wrote:
I received the game including some expansion cards in the UK a week ago. No mention of the promos or the tee shirt which I paid for - when will these be shipped Ed?

Some of the promo items (such as the t-shirts and risers) are being shipped from the USA. I don't know exactly when yours will be sent, but I can say that they haven't been forgotten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cannon
England
Burgess Hill
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake wrote:

Some of the promo items (such as the t-shirts and risers) are being shipped from the USA. I don't know exactly when yours will be sent, but I can say that they haven't been forgotten.

Thanks - that's good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I bought a whole lot of magic-sized sleeves specifically for this game in my last online order. More wonderful news...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. I got my advance ship copy yesterday, played it and love it. No sleeves for me. Did notice stand mentioned in rulebook inventory too and was wondering, but I did get a pin. Looking forward to the risers and mini camps.

The clean art and rules, player aids etc; are super and I was able to teach my 7yo how to play. Then he asked to play the iv ed. Because he preferred it "cartoonier", LOL

Thanks for pushing through and making the BB a reality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug: Sounds like a smart kid. And I agree. He'd probably prefer the polish/german/italian/... versions even more! I'd to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
My rule book and one player mat had the black gunk too. Perhaps it is the stuff from Prometheus..? The cardstock, however, I want to make love to. It's the most fantastic feel I've ever felt. So incredible...like a Ferrari of cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbonzai wrote:
Ouch. I got my advance ship copy yesterday, .......
So you're at Concrete level. So everyone else won't have it for another month or so I take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am brick level, just took advantage of one of the advance copies at the 18xx con in Portland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.