Popular Tags: [View All]
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I hate tossing the inserts for games, but how do you fit everything in the box for Dominant species? I am having no luck.

Thanks! Photos appreciated, but not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed it, but it was because it didn't hold sleeved cards. Just toss them. Start tossing them. It will be liberating. Painful at first, but liberating. I used to be obsessed with saving everything . . . even things I'd never use.

But the game stores fine with the board on the bottom and baggies of stuff on top. At least mine has so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scifiantihero wrote:
But the game stores fine with the board on the bottom and baggies of stuff on top. At least mine has so far.

Could that be a little bit more specific?

I'm actually doing quite well with carrying the sleeved cards and rules in a folder apart, but have been thinking of improving my transport method ever since.

Dumping the insert sounds rather harsh thou... considering the board to be this massive, I'm not really confortable with having the bags of stuff loose and crushable by quick movements soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkS0uL wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Could that be a little bit more specific?

I'm actually doing quite well with carrying the sleeved cards and rules in a folder apart, but have been thinking of improving my transport method ever since.

Dumping the insert sounds rather harsh thou... considering the board to be this massive, I'm not really confortable with having the bags of stuff loose and crushable by quick movements soblue

Well the board is on the bottom. I place the tiles in stacks off to one side, and the bags of wood just go around them. The cards go on top somewhere. There isn't much room for stuff to move around. You'd have to be shaking the box quite a bit for anything to get really damaged, I think. But I don't exactly test that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the insert almost immediately and made a custom insert.

Card sit on the bottom, wooden pieces in ziplock bags on top of that, and the hex tiles in their slots. Board then goes on top, followed by the rule summary cards and the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paralipsis wrote:

Do want!!
How do you guys do stuff like that? shake

Anyways, I'll give the no-insert thing a test run...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you use the space under the insert and lay the tiles over the surface after you put the rules in it packs fine. My cards are sleeved too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Douglas

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmb
I used standard 50 count plexiglas card holders for the bits and cards. One box per color. Fits fairly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no insert the board goes at the bottom and everything else bagged goes on top..just fits in..no room for things getting moved about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I ended up putting stuff under the raised parts of the insert and I got it to fit without having to toss the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
no insert the board goes at the bottom and everything else bagged goes on top..just fits in..no room for things getting moved about.

Same here... but I put rules, animal cards, then board and bagged player pieces, hexes and cards. Fills the box right up and not really any room for too much shifting.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tossed! Like the others, I put the board in first and just try to neatly stack everything towards the bottom of the box so it has minimal shifting when I put it vertical to put on the shelf.

But I will probably be making an insert. It's fine on the shelf and taking it from there to the table, but for transport in the car or whatnot I'd rather the tiles had a nice secure home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:
If you use the space under the insert and lay the tiles over the surface after you put the rules in it packs fine. My cards are sleeved too.

I do this as well. All of the wood pieces in plastic bags under the insert or in the middle "valley". The tokens are in their bag in the "valley" as well. The cards (currently unsleeved) are in their slot. Board goes on top of that. Rules and player cards on top of the board. Hexes in short stacks on top of the rules. Lid fits back on perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.