Edward Calabig
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I was wondering how you activate monsters on the consul's side. The rulebook is not clear, referring to the Heros as models and the consul as "monsters worth of skulls." Does this mean only 4 skulls worth of models, and not all models of a certain monster type? If so, what happens when you have 10+ models. How do you remember which models have been activated during previous turns of activation?

I ran into this problem in a two player game where I had all of my monsters out and it was practically impossible to keep track of which monsters had been activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Garcia
United States
Touchet
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only activate four skulls worth of models at a time, except for the last turn after all heroes have activated when all unactivated monsters can now go. If you're having trouble keeping track of which baddies have gone I would suggest using tokens to track activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Castle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You activate 4 skulls worth of monster, whatever their type.

How you keep track of which one already activated is to your discretion. I personally remember it but you could use facing or some little tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
calaedw wrote:
I was wondering how you activate monsters on the consul's side. The rulebook is not clear, referring to the Heros as models and the consul as "monsters worth of skulls." Does this mean only 4 skulls worth of models, and not all models of a certain monster type? If so, what happens when you have 10+ models. How do you remember which models have been activated during previous turns of activation?

I ran into this problem in a two player game where I had all of my monsters out and it was practically impossible to keep track of which monsters had been activated.

I've found it helpful to have all the models facing one way at the start of the turn and then turning them 180 degrees when they have been activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
calaedw wrote:

I've found it helpful to have all the models facing one way at the start of the turn and then turning them 180 degrees when they have been activated.

My solution was to use 1" condition markersunder the models after activation so I could see which had been activated. The on the next turn I would remove the markers after activation to help keep track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.