Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Haha, awesome, I just found there is a "Play by Forum" forum for games - I don't see how this is possible for boardgames like AtomPunk? But not one to shy away from a challenge, I might do a RolePlay thing here. I won't be able to spend loads of time on it, but ladies and gentlemen I present to you:

"AtomPunk RP Play by Forum - Ep 1: Haul out the Fallout"

The road is hot and the sand gusts up in unhappy spurts. Your caravan has been out here a while now. Snaking past generic desert scenery that you have seen far too many times before. The light from the sun is overbearing - like someone accidentally turned the contrast up max. But at least you can see. The sun goggles that Doc fixed up for you are doing a fine job of cutting down the brightness. It's still hot though. An airy, burnt, hotness. You are coping, but you know that your passengers must be frightfully uncomfortable. They haven't been hardened to the heat like you have. You look over to the your passengers. Yup. You were right. They hate it.
Who are your passengers and where are you taking them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Ross
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Play By Forum RP - "Ep 1: Haul out the Fallout"
As I take a long hard second look I remember my first meeting with them all: an old prospector hauling around his nephew who lost his parents to a flu, they've got some girl with 'em they didn't seem to want to speak of and that's fine with me; a lanky woman in clothes she's tried mighty hard to doll up to make herself look a little higher class, dumbest move you could make out in this god-forgotten waste; a couple of kids covered in sand and hauling more gear than my caravan, claimin' they're a couple of bounty hunters on a big job, god rest their soon to be departed souls; then there's the damned cliche walking, a tall darkened strange with one box(probably filled with guns) and a sack which I figure holds his clothes, if we hit a rough spot I'm counting on him. I don't really want to know what their stories are nor their names, chances are at least one of 'em won't make it to El Pueblo De Nuestra Santa Madre. The only ones not headed there are the prospector and his group, wanted me to drop him a few miles on the other side of the city. I know a trap when I smell one so I told him I'd be in a hurry to get back to Miner's Coffin; let some other chump fall victim to his scheme.

Time to focus on the road and be on the lookout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
((Major Spoiler alert, don't read the listed stuff below unless you are want to spoil the adventure! - It's listed here for my own reference))

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Prospector & Nephew - Jike Switcher and Ned Switcher, parents died of flu, Bill is the godfather and also a bit of a rogue. "Dig-Up" prospector (digs to the "old layer" of dirt and hunts for odds and ends of the old world to sell - foolishly and secretly is obsessed with a legendary old treasure called "Jenny's Bounty" ever since he heard tales of it told by the old guard when he was younger. Jike has "kidnapped" a girl called Yemaya. Jike thought she matched the description of some of the old stories "A girl with bright blue eyes, like you ain't never seen!" and thought he would need her to cast some kind of spell or something to help find the Bounty. She was a water seller back in Kendle, Jike told her that he arranged with her 'tend Ma to take her to better places as a travel-hand. Jike is on the edge; but he ain't no kidnapper. He is very uncomfortable with what he has done - more so that she is the first girl that Ned has seen close-up.

Dolled-up Lanky woman - Leena Love a.k.a Michelle Morton is a heartful yet oblivious high-class dame. Her husband Fred Morton, of Frog Morton Industries is a pig and a misogamist. After 14 years of marriage, she lost it after he bought her a necklace with another girls name engraved on it. She knew he was cheating on her, everyone knew - but such a brazen event sickened her to her stomach - he definitely knew he'd done it but he didn't care. She threw her fanciest clothes and maciages into a burlap and made way to the seediest place she could knew of to make a new start as a high class companion - El Pueblo. He treated her no better than a whore? Well then: what has she got to lose? She'll be the best whore ever, that'll teach the pig!

Kid "Bounty Hunters" - Tammy, Duck, & Horous. Tammy and Duck, two sandy faced tough little nuts are pulling their wooden wagon across the smooth and sinking sand. Fighting the world at every opportunity to prove themselves, they are brothers in arms and heroes of the streets. Stronger than most birth brothers could dream of being. Penny pinching and ragamuffinery gifted them with enough coin to patch together their travel wagon to get them to El Pueblo. Here, they intend to serve the lucrative calls for bounty hunters. They have no doubts that they will take over the world, and reach their life destination: a big house with three sponge beds. One for Tammy, one for Duck, and one for 6 year old Horous secretly tucked-up warm inside the wagon.

Tall Dark Stranger - Wills irritable, hateful, unlikable guardian angel. Has a tattoo saying "Sparky" on his neck and has a strong old world accent (persian), speaking little if ever. Whenever he is around, no one will die. An cannibal assassin called šud will weasle himself into the group under false pretenses - always hungry. Sparky will kill the man, to the unknowing groups horror they will think Sparky is the bad one. Eventually he will claim the assassin was going to "Murder all in the Caravan". Due to his limited language and accent it will sound like "Mordad caravan". He has a strange and unshakable identification with plants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
After a few hours of good firm sand, your feet start to slow and plod. The sand, greyer than before, boughs and crumbles to your heavy boots. In the distance you see 8 long, shimmery shapes. Bright orange and ethereal in the heat waves, you know them to be the boundary guards. You must be coming to the long-boundaries of Kendle now. In their matching jumpsuits, they will be the last you see of humanity until you get to El Pueblo or die in the wastes.

Now's the time, you think to yourself, to start planning your route more clearly. Years of sun-drenched employ have taught you that a leader should only make definite plans once he leaves the long-boundaries. With a sense of intangable, and almost prophetic knowledge, you will see the sky, the heat, the wind, and your route will come to you. It's what you've always done and it has always payed off. You remember your last journey to Oberon with bright colours; you followed your instinct to take the long route, and everything went fine. If you hadn't, you would have surely been slaughtered by the bandits rumored to be camping at the Overlook.

A hissing rumble awakes you from your memories.

"What kind of leader are you if we can walk faster 'en you?", one of the "bounty hunters" said, man-hauling his cart ahead of you at an unnecessary pace. The shorter one, in-toe and in-step with his fellow hauler says "Yeah, what kind of leader ARE you? What did we even pay you for!?", what did you even negotiate to pay me half[i] for, you think correctively. It will be about a 7 week journey on foot, 4 mounted. These kids aren't going to fair well, wasting energy with their mouth and such a speed. Nice cart though. Needs an engine.

Trying to work out your chances and what route your passengers will cope with, you look over at the others. The lanky woman, lipstick and maciage plastered on like a doll - as if she had just learned to apply it, and was drunk when she did. Hmm. Fat chance of any help there. But she keeps up a full stride and seems to follow your steps closer than the rest.

The prospector is eagerly smiling and keen to get on the road. He is no newbie to long travels. His nephew on the otherhand, a big lad by all means, walks tentatively by his side. The girl of theirs is walking just infront of them. You're unsure if she wants to be there or not.

The tall guy. He has a very tight mouth on him. Hasn't said a word yet, other than "You will take me" with a strong old world accent when you were selling places on your caravan back in Kendle. He promptly handed you the exact money and placed his box in front of you, as if you were a pack mule. After a little explaining that all travelers are to take their own luggage, he spat at your feet and begrudgingly picked it up. You remember that he didn't even ask where you were going. He walks forward, but glares at you sideways with spiteful eyes. You don't think this guy likes you.

The site of your vehicle, parked up by the long-boundary calms you and steadies your nerves. Over miles and miles, never once has she let you down. There is space for 1 other passenger, but that kids cart in its current state will need to be pushed no matter what. The little fools seem pretty keen though.

Which of your passengers, if any, will ride with you?
What lands will you visit on your route from Kendle -> El Pueblo?
What is your vehicle?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtT71c2HIY07dGV... for choices of lands or vehicles. Feel free to make up new ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Which of your passengers, if any, will ride with you?

The tall guy. Try to get on his good side.

What lands will you visit on your route from Kendle -> El Pueblo?

Land of the Lost and Found
Tesla City

What is your vehicle?

Gubbah's Steam Grubbery would be my first choice
Otherwise, Solar Harvester

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: Play By Forum RP - "Ep 1: Haul out the Fallout" - [youarenotwill]
Heya Nate, no need to post in this one, I have just started your very own adventure over here feel free to keep use the same information from here in your adventure. By all means read both, I'm doing them just as a bit of fun for you nice guys so you each get your special own one! Will this one is all yours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.