Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Visit Brummbar44.com to get this standard Tide of Iron scenario (does have 6 pdr. guns and Panthers...cards included).

The battle depicts the 12th SS panthers attacking at night with little infantry support against the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!! Downloaded it already!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bob, hope to get the campaign out one day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is mention of a night fight. Are all 6 rounds a night fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 144339. Bob.Gibson
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 pm
James River
United States
High Desert
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I have enjoyed all of your ToI work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
There is mention of a night fight. Are all 6 rounds a night fight?

Yes, the entire battle took place at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to play it tomorrow, but, German 1st Division 4 squad bases, 7 regular, 6 elite and 1 officer equals 14, bases sizes equal 16? I added 2 more regular to make the numbers up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh!

Must've missed that in the campaign conversion. Yes, simply include 2 more regular infantry.

Thanks for the catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you need a fresh unit to fire the 6 pounder, the unit is not fatigued by this, the gun is. So following on from that could it be a good idea to put a MG team in the woods with two 6 pounders. The MG team could be on OP fire and still fire the guns without penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, rules wise I believe they can....after it is a squad which the base represents, and that comprises several people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dutchy124 wrote:
I know you need a fresh unit to fire the 6 pounder, the unit is not fatigued by this, the gun is. So following on from that could it be a good idea to put a MG team in the woods with two 6 pounders. The MG team could be on OP fire and still fire the guns without penalty?

Actually, as far as I can tell, yes. One minor correction: equipment does not require a Fresh squad to fire it; it requires a squad that is either Fresh or in Op Fire. (A unit in Op Fire is not "fresh", since "fresh" means "does not have an activation token", and the Op Fire token is an activation token.) Equipment only requires a Fresh unit in order to move it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have just finished playing this scenario, but we made a cock up by placing a 6 pounder in a building, no no not allowed. When we discovered the mistake it was on turn 5 so carried on and the Canadians won a close game, could have gone either way, with just one less hit the Germans would have got a Panther off the board.

The Moral deck 1 should be Canadian and not German I think, too many cards that are worthless including two ''Take down the beast''

We are setting up reversing the sides now hence my earlier question. I will let you know how we get on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback...I'll revisit the deck selection (I must've had some reason in mind?). Glad to hear it was close, balance is something I always strive for to make a scenario a good game.

Look forward to your follow up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Beck
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I played through it twice this past Saturday. I was the Germans both times and he was the Canadians.

Clarification: for the 1/2 movement for the Panther tanks, do you take half of the movement immediately? For instance normal movement = 7 mp. 1/2 = 4 mp's. So then if you declare a move-and-shoot activation, the tank could move 2 mp's and then shoot? (4 - 2 = 2)

Or do you calculate the 1/2 movement based on your declared activation? For example, I declare a move-and-shoot so 7mp - 2mp = 5, then 1/2 that is 2.5 rounded up to 3.

So do the Panther tanks get to move 3 or 2 and then still shoot?

My friend's 6pdrs had quite a bad bit of shooting and weren't able to score much hits on the panthers until it was too late.

The first game he was able to heavily damage 3 of the 4 panthers but the 4th one got off the map.

The second go at it he only succeeded in lightly damaging one of them. Next time we get together I'm going to give it a try as the Canadians to see if I can do better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiser33 wrote:
My friend and I played through it twice this past Saturday. I was the Germans both times and he was the Canadians.

Clarification: for the 1/2 movement for the Panther tanks, do you take half of the movement immediately? For instance normal movement = 7 mp. 1/2 = 4 mp's. So then if you declare a move-and-shoot activation, the tank could move 2 mp's and then shoot? (4 - 2 = 2)

Or do you calculate the 1/2 movement based on your declared activation? For example, I declare a move-and-shoot so 7mp - 2mp = 5, then 1/2 that is 2.5 rounded up to 3.

Good question...I recall this coming up as a question in the Designer Book as well (there is a night scenario in there where the values were halved...where I got the idea).

I can't remember off the top of my head. Maybe someone in the community recalls? Otherwise, I'll have to track down my notes. Will get back to you (I seem to think it was halved first, then deal with mps...)

Edit - found it! On page 35 of the rule book it does state that any addition or subtraction should be done before any division or multiplication (Calculating Modifiers)

So in answer 7mp - 2mp = 5mp then halved rounded up equals 3.

Again good question thanks for bringing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.