Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not available at the moment.

I felt the Nazgul should have a stronger visual presence in my CE, so I decided to sculpt a new model on the same scale of the rest of the units, but still playable.

If anyone is interested, I'm making a cast run and offering sets of 8 painted Nazgul for sale. Price of the set is €50 , and I will be paying BGG the corresponding 3% commission. (If you prefer them unpainted, price is €30 euro, primed in black).

I also made a Witch King model, in two versions:

Black Captain riding a fell beast:

Hunting Witch King:

Price of every WK figure is:
Painted = €8,50 euro
Unpainted (primed in black) = €4,50 euro

Shipping deppends on total weight. Signed-for shipping is:
(Note: You can save €2 euro in shipping, chosing ordinary mail instead of signed-for, but not recommended, in that case the packet cannot be tracked).

Up to 100 gr. (1-2 figures)
€4,50 euro to Europe
€5,40 euro to USA and rest of the world

100-500 gr. (Up to 10 figures)
€8,50 euro to Europe
€12 euro to USA and rest of the world.

You can place your order geekmailing me or writting down in this thread.

Thanks for reading. sauron

(Edited to include Witch King model).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Nazgul Pieces.
Impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichol
Scotland
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done Gabriel. I can imagine moulding your original must have been a bit of a head scratcher!

Good luck with the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work!

Sad I don't have the CE, because these would look ossom on it.

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really appreciate your support guys, thank you! thumbsupsauron

sickdave wrote:
I can imagine moulding your original must have been a bit of a head scratcher!

Indeed, it took even longer than sculpting the original

Now I only hope these look nice next to your fantastic strongholds when I receive them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great!

However, I'd be interested whether or not you're planning to do the balrog? I'm imagining the version that appears in the movie. If so, I'd like to wait until that is completed so I can order them all together.

Again, great work!

Cheers,

Bruce Monson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
These are great!

However, I'd be interested whether or not you're planning to do the balrog? I'm imagining the version that appears in the movie. If so, I'd like to wait until that is completed so I can order them all together.

Again, great work!

Cheers,

Bruce Monson

very good idea !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
These are great!

Again, great work!

Cheers,

Bruce Monson

Thank you Bruce. Unfortunately, the version of the Balrog in the movie has some copyright, so we cannot do it. Something similar is still a possibility, as showed in the Balrog card in the game (perhaps without wings?, everybody knows that balrogs don't have wings laugh )

But my first priority for the game would be to do a bigger Mumak model that could carry 4 or 5 Harad Regular units inserted on it, so you can move them without overcrowding the board. We'll see if that is possible.

The "hunting" Witch King is also a possibility, though I'm not sure about giving him priority, because he is barely played these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

EllGavhi wrote:
bamonson wrote:
These are great!

Again, great work!

Cheers,

Bruce Monson

Thank you Bruce. Unfortunately, the version of the Balrog in the movie has some copyright, so we cannot do it. Something similar is still a possibility, as showed in the Balrog card in the game (perhaps without wings?, everybody knows that balrogs don't have wings laugh )

But my first priority for the game would be to do a bigger Mumak model that could carry 4 or 5 Harad Regular units inserted on it, so you can move them without overcrowding the board. We'll see if that is possible.

The "hunting" Witch King is also a possibility, though I'm not sure about giving him priority, because he is barely played these days.

Hmmm, I don't think that would apply given that your pieces are all handmade original pieces of art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichol
Scotland
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would steer clear of any image from the movies as well as material from the game itself. I would say that anything you want to make and sell yourself you should design yourself. Besides which, why deny yourself the pleasure and excitement of taking the original text and adding your own ideas in order to come up with something both original and faithful.

Also don't forget the recent story of the British pub named The Hobbit... New Line Cinema had the lawyers out trying to force a name change on this place despite it having the name for over 20 years. I believe Sir Ian McKellern stepped in and it was all resolved amicably in the end - but it just goes to show..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EllGavhi wrote:

I have a feeling that will change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sickdave wrote:
I would steer clear of any image from the movies as well as material from the game itself. I would say that anything you want to make and sell yourself you should design yourself.

Good as long as you make something that merges with the style of the game, of course. In the case of the Balrog, I think it would be strange if it was different from the image on its card.

sickdave wrote:
Besides which, why deny yourself the pleasure and excitement of taking the original text and adding your own ideas in order to come up with something both original and faithful.

That's a good artist thinking.

sickdave wrote:
Also don't forget the recent story of the British pub named The Hobbit... New Line Cinema had the lawyers out trying to force a name change on this place despite it having the name for over 20 years. I believe Sir Ian McKellern stepped in and it was all resolved amicably in the end - but it just goes to show..

Wow! Sounds ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
EllGavhi wrote:

I have a feeling that will change.

That changes it all. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think that would apply given that your pieces are all handmade original pieces of art.

I'm pretty sure that you need a license from New Line Productions, even if we are talking of sales in a very small market. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little friendly advice--- I am not a lawyer, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

If you want to do things "by the rules", you'd also need to get a license to do a Balrog, Nazgul, whatever... if you sell it as such. The visual inspiration you draw from matters much less.

Look at the miniatures range out there, and look out how many "Wraiths on a Flying Beast" or "Fire Demons" or "Balrukhs" you may find.

Nobody can prevent you to do "Wraiths" or "Demons".

Actually, the main thing if you want to avoid issues is to avoid using TMed names in association with your products.

Then, if you get caught in the radar of ME Enterprises or New Line, it's troublesome no matter what is the imagery your sculptures are inspired from.

If you don't get caught in the radar, then there's no problem no matter what you do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guack! Thank you, Roberto. I understand that if The Eye sees you, you are done, so better be a hobbit. Suddenly this project turns to be disturbingly thematic sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Those look great! How prone to tipping are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know that tipping was an issue with the 1st ed. Nazgul model, so I really wanted these to stand stable. They will not fall unless Gandalf the White come and fight them laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my set today! All I can tell everyone is that even the cool photos you see posted here do not do the actual pieces justice. Gabriel did a fantastic job!

He also did a meticulous job wrapping each piece in bubble wrap and then packing them in a foam containter.

The pieces are also very stable and fit nicely on the CE board.

Bravo Gabriel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thank you very much, Bruce modest
And happy gaming!! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beattie
United Kingdom
Strabane
Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine also and I just want to reiterate what Bruce said, they are great, look really well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark! And I will not forget your suggestion by mail of a matching model for the hunting Witch King. You are the second person that mention it, so you must be right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late stage Hunting Witch King model:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added detail to Witch King, next is the chair harness sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mora
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly, Shadowfax, fly!... Err, wait...

The model is almost finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.