Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks!!

After not playing this game for a while, I have been reading the latest errata and rules, with good chances to play a solo session this weekend for the Campaign.

However I have a question about recruiting, where I'll need all of your wisdom and experience: the recruiting leader(s) can recruit (subject to the chapter 17.0 Nationalities restrictions)in an Independent City or Fortress, or should recruit only in friendly controlled areas?

When you check the initial setup for the Campaign game, the Independent Cities (most of them are Fortresses too, and some are Electorates) are considered neutral, unless the setup indicates it is either Catholic or Protestant controlled.

BTW when I played this game the last time(2 years ago)I performed recruiting only at friendly controlled areas/cities, subject to 17.0 restrictions.

Maybe at first glance looks a dumb question, but I feel the rules wording here is a little ambiguous when it says 'location is not important' for recruiting purposes.

By last, I feel this game has been greatly underrated when first came into light; I know the original rules required extensive errata, but after comparing this errata with such rules the differences are not that much.

I love the mechanics on this game: it recreates the environment of due times in a great way and it is fluid and engaging; takes about 4 to 5 hours to play a 30 years conflict.

Thanks for your help.

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Prieto
Spain
Viladecans
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The recruiting leader(s) can recruit in Independent Cities or Fortresses. However, there are some restrictions according to the Nationality restrictions listed on 17.0, e.g. France can never recruit Protestant militia, or French leaders can recruit in Lorraine only when it´s French-controlled... this is one of the tricky parts of the rulebook, recruitment, since it´s got some nuances and differences between nations.

The type of city (control, independent, fortress) is usually not the issue. That's the reason of the 'Location is not important' line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jordi,

Thanks for the clarification.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.