Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vitek
United States
Riverside
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I have played through the first two scenarios a few times, trading off sides and find that Black Hand is WAY overpowered on defense. In 8 turns we find at BEST we can get a draw with the Nato/Reich team (and that with a sucide run at an objective space in turn 8). In fact in both senarios the majority of the time, Black Hand was able to almost completely wipe out the other team with only minimal loss. With the defender using Sandbags/Minefields and Overwatch the Attacker seems to be at a huge disadvantage (even with restricting minefields to one per unit. Are we missing some obvious tactic (we have tried softening up before assulting and just straight out assauts). The event table on Scenario 2 seem to favor Black Hand as well, with one of the results converting the few "good guy"inf units to Zealots (this "bad luck" was offset with 2 "good guy" barages).

Regards

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
wjvite wrote:
Are the first two scenarios unbalanced?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malvictis wrote:
wjvite wrote:
Are the first two scenarios unbalanced?

Yes.

Awesome! That made me laugh. I finally got my copy and I'm really digging it so far (currently playing Sc.3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wjvite wrote:
My friend and I have played through the first two scenarios a few times, trading off sides and find that Black Hand is WAY overpowered on defense. In 8 turns we find at BEST we can get a draw with the Nato/Reich team (and that with a sucide run at an objective space in turn 8). In fact in both senarios the majority of the time, Black Hand was able to almost completely wipe out the other team with only minimal loss. With the defender using Sandbags/Minefields and Overwatch the Attacker seems to be at a huge disadvantage (even with restricting minefields to one per unit. Are we missing some obvious tactic (we have tried softening up before assulting and just straight out assauts). The event table on Scenario 2 seem to favor Black Hand as well, with one of the results converting the few "good guy"inf units to Zealots (this "bad luck" was offset with 2 "good guy" barages).

Regards

Bill

'Search' Prodigal sons and Rangers lead the way, for some earlier discussions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.